hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Everything Else > ISO--In Search Of...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-18-2010, 09:35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 660
Default ISO help: Ideas and someone to make me some stuff

I have a craft show on the 29th, It is western themed... tractors, cows, sheep etc...

and I need help with ideas of creations and other things to sell. HELP

any ideas and anyone got some things to sell me that will fit into that theme???
__________________

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-18-2010, 09:40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Aubrey, TX
Posts: 242
Default Re: ISO help: Ideas and someone to make me some stuff

I did one like this a few months back. I went to Lowe's and had them cut up a huge piece of plywood into 1ftx6 inch pieces (it was soooo cheap). I then painted each one with Acrylic paint and then wrote cute little sayings on each one. Like Cowboy sleeps here. Lil Cowgirl, etc... Then used inexpensive rope to use as the hanger. They sold like hotcakes! It took me about 15 min to do each sign and I sold every single one for $10! I even had 10 special orders by the time it was all over. I also made bow holders out of a few ( I just attached ribbon) and they sold for $15.00. I had 15 made and came home with only 1! I also ordered cheap cowboy hats from oriental trading company for my decorations. I also had my regular bows, flower clips, bottle caps (all of my western themed bottle caps sold!), dog tags, etc....
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-18-2010, 09:45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 660
Default Re: ISO help: Ideas and someone to make me some stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy_egrl View Post
I did one like this a few months back. I went to Lowe's and had them cut up a huge piece of plywood into 1ftx6 inch pieces (it was soooo cheap). I then painted each one with Acrylic paint and then wrote cute little sayings on each one. Like Cowboy sleeps here. Lil Cowgirl, etc... Then used inexpensive rope to use as the hanger. They sold like hotcakes! It took me about 15 min to do each sign and I sold every single one for $10! I even had 10 special orders by the time it was all over. I also made bow holders out of a few ( I just attached ribbon) and they sold for $15.00. I had 15 made and came home with only 1! I also ordered cheap cowboy hats from oriental trading company for my decorations. I also had my regular bows, flower clips, bottle caps (all of my western themed bottle caps sold!), dog tags, etc....

that sounds awesome and right up my ally, do you have pics of the signs?? And or would you be willing to make and send me some?
I bet I could make them if I had pics! Thanks!!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-18-2010, 09:50
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 220
Default Re: ISO help: Ideas and someone to make me some stuff

What a cute idea, would love to see pics of your signs and bow holders

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy_egrl View Post
I did one like this a few months back. I went to Lowe's and had them cut up a huge piece of plywood into 1ftx6 inch pieces (it was soooo cheap). I then painted each one with Acrylic paint and then wrote cute little sayings on each one. Like Cowboy sleeps here. Lil Cowgirl, etc... Then used inexpensive rope to use as the hanger. They sold like hotcakes! It took me about 15 min to do each sign and I sold every single one for $10! I even had 10 special orders by the time it was all over. I also made bow holders out of a few ( I just attached ribbon) and they sold for $15.00. I had 15 made and came home with only 1! I also ordered cheap cowboy hats from oriental trading company for my decorations. I also had my regular bows, flower clips, bottle caps (all of my western themed bottle caps sold!), dog tags, etc....
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-18-2010, 09:53
lakenramey's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Eastern Kentucky
Posts: 1,024
Default Re: ISO help: Ideas and someone to make me some stuff

i have some cow print and bandana print toggle headbands as well as cow print and banadana print bows that are unfinished...I could finish them for u if you want.
__________________
Laken SAHM to Brooklyn (6) & Natalie (5)
www.lakensbowtique.etsy.com - For Ribbon Graphics and Bottle Cap Images! (My etsy shop that I use to sell supplies only)
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-18-2010, 09:59
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 660
Default Re: ISO help: Ideas and someone to make me some stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakenramey View Post
i have some cow print and bandana print toggle headbands as well as cow print and banadana print bows that are unfinished...I could finish them for u if you want.
would love pics and prices
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-18-2010, 10:08
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Aubrey, TX
Posts: 242
Default Re: ISO help: Ideas and someone to make me some stuff

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...0&tx=127&ty=67

THIS IS NOT MY SIGN! But this is very similar to the lettering I used. I did not get pictures. I really should have, but this was something I did on a whim and normally do not have instock. I just used inexpensive acrylic paint from hobby lobby. Foam brushes work best on the plywood. I then used the same paint for the lettering or sometimes I would have to use a paint marker. I wish I had time to make them for you, but I am so busy right now with my real job and craft fair season. They are so simple to make. With the bow holders I did the exact same thing but I just hot glued 3 rows of ribbon on the back end of the signs. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madejust4you View Post
that sounds awesome and right up my ally, do you have pics of the signs?? And or would you be willing to make and send me some?
I bet I could make them if I had pics! Thanks!!
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-18-2010, 10:32
mkmedeal's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 613
Default Re: ISO help: Ideas and someone to make me some stuff

Here are a couple of ideas.... (obviously NOT mine; I haven't tried them yet. Am waiting for my GREEN RIBBON FROM A BUY!!!) I think they're REALLY cute! HTH. http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/instr...t=tractor+clip

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/hairb...t=tractor+clip

MK
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10-18-2010, 10:37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cypress, Texas
Posts: 186
Default Re: ISO help: Ideas and someone to make me some stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by madejust4you View Post
I have a craft show on the 29th, It is western themed... tractors, cows, sheep etc...

and I need help with ideas of creations and other things to sell. HELP

any ideas and anyone got some things to sell me that will fit into that theme???
These are not necessarily farm related, but are great sellers. Please take a look! http://thebuckleboutique.com/money-m...w-ideas-2.aspx

I actually want to have a contest in order to drum up some ideas. If anyone comes up with a great idea using the products on my website, I will give them a $25 gift certificate to my site. That person will also get credit for the idea (assuming they want credit) as long as I can add it to my site.

Thanks! cathie
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10-18-2010, 10:42
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 660
Default Re: ISO help: Ideas and someone to make me some stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy_egrl View Post
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...0&tx=127&ty=67

THIS IS NOT MY SIGN! But this is very similar to the lettering I used. I did not get pictures. I really should have, but this was something I did on a whim and normally do not have instock. I just used inexpensive acrylic paint from hobby lobby. Foam brushes work best on the plywood. I then used the same paint for the lettering or sometimes I would have to use a paint marker. I wish I had time to make them for you, but I am so busy right now with my real job and craft fair season. They are so simple to make. With the bow holders I did the exact same thing but I just hot glued 3 rows of ribbon on the back end of the signs. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks the pics helps, i'm a visual person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmedeal View Post
Here are a couple of ideas.... (obviously NOT mine; I haven't tried them yet. Am waiting for my GREEN RIBBON FROM A BUY!!!) I think they're REALLY cute! HTH. http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/instr...t=tractor+clip

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/hairb...t=tractor+clip

MK
I think those are adorable! I would love those flowers and the tractors sculptures! Who can do it for me???
__________________

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger