New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Sew A Lot > How To Sew...

How To Sew... Patterns, tutorials, questions...

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 01:18

Default Re: How did she do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel66 View Post
i guess i need to try it--i took a burp rag and pinned some material to it and pull it thru and all i had left showing was the fabric on top w/ a white back. no white sides. i covered the entire part that was double layered. would you cover more than that?
Your fabric strip is smaller than the burp rag. You need to line up the fabric edges not pin the strip to the middle. Lining up the edges will result in a lot of excess burp rag in-between the fabric strip, but when you turn it, then you center the fabric strip, allowing the extra burp rag to fold over towards the center. Hard to explain!!

I attached a quickie drawing in paint trying to show this. The pic is drawn from the perspective of looking "through" the burp rag as it is laying on the table (like you would look through a toilet paper tube). Bottom red is the back of the burp rag, the red comes up the sides and folds towards the center green fabric strip. The red and green is the top of the (finished) burp rag.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg burpexample.jpg (11.9 KB, 89 views)

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:44

basically you are making a tube, long ways and sewing the ends closed with the ribbon trim.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:01

Quote:
i guess i need to try it--i took a burp rag and pinned some material to it and pull it thru and all i had left showing was the fabric on top w/ a white back. no white sides. i covered the entire part that was double layered. would you cover more than that?
Here is the scrap I tried. It does indeed work wonderfully. Like Betsy said, line up the edges (don't center it) and it will work.

Last edited by hippychick; 07-23-2008 at 01:20.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:48

i understand now!!! you are sewing the edge of your fabric to the edge of the rag--not in the middle of the rag!!! got it thanks sooo much--i need visuals!!

Old 07-14-2008, 02:57

AHHHHH! I finally got it after the diagram drawing..(Thanks Betsy).. I have been staring at all the words thinking...What!....Now I get it... I will definately have to try it this way.. That is soooo cool...
Tanya
Old 07-15-2008, 04:42

here i made one
Etsy :: MAEandMe :: Pink Minky Burp Cloth

what do yall think about the price?

Old 07-15-2008, 04:47

Quote:
here i made one
Etsy :: MAEandMe :: Pink Minky Burp Cloth

what do yall think about the price?
Oh i love it great Job! Price looks fine to me.. That minky is High!
Old 07-15-2008, 07:53

I Need Visual....lol I am so confused..
Old 10-10-2008, 04:55

Yes, I am going back months & sorry about this but I have thought about it over & over. UGH! I would love to make one but not sure still. I have read every post & I am still confused...

Let me see if I got this right - take a cloth diaper & unfold it lying it out flat. Take a piece of fabric & lie the fabric down the middle of the cloth diaper (print side of fabric facing the cloth diaper)??? This can't be right - can it? Oh my! Am I just stupid????

Missy
Mom to Abby & Emma (identical twins)
http://twolittlemonkeys.shutterfly.com
Old 10-10-2008, 05:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Little Monkeys View Post
Yes, I am going back months & sorry about this but I have thought about it over & over. UGH! I would love to make one but not sure still. I have read every post & I am still confused...

Let me see if I got this right - take a cloth diaper & unfold it lying it out flat. Take a piece of fabric & lie the fabric down the middle of the cloth diaper (print side of fabric facing the cloth diaper)??? This can't be right - can it? Oh my! Am I just stupid????
Lay the cloth diaper flat. Take your piece of fabric (slightly longer, 1 or 2 inches, than the diaper, but only slightly wider than you want the finished strip) and put it right side down on the cloth diaper, lining up one of the edges with the edge of the diaper, excess fabric hanging off each end. It is NOT centered. Sew this edge. Now line up the other long edge of the fabric with the other edge of the diaper, you will have a lot of excess diaper bunched up in the middle. Sew this edge, you now have a tube of fabric. Turn right side out. Turn under the excess fabric on each end and sew straight across each end. Add trim if desired.
Closed Thread