60% Off--Tulle
80% Off--Tulle

60% Off--Felt
80% Off--Felt
70% Off--Crochet Hats
70% Off--Crochet Hats
50% Off--Crochet Headbands
50% Off--Crochet Headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Sew A Lot > How To Sew...

How To Sew... Patterns, tutorials, questions...

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 09:03

Default Re: How did she do this?

lololol..I'm still trying to understand what she is talking about??? it will catch spit up????
Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2008, 10:56

Oooohhh...I think I figured it out!

At first I thought she took a prefold and took it apart like described above.

But if you read the description and dimensions (when finished it is smaller than a basic prefold), it seems like she took her prefold, layed it flat, took the fabric and matched up the edge of the fabric to the edge of the prefold (right sides together) and sewed. Then match the other fabric edge to the other prefold edge (still right sides together) and sew. Now turn the whole thing (both ends are left open). Center the fabric strip down the middle - this will cause the sides of the burp cloth prefold to fold over on themselves. Sew trim on each end. I would make the center decorative fabric strip slightly shorter than the perfold so you don't have to worry about the edges sticking out, the trim (ribbon) will cover the edge.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby2 View Post

But if you read the description and dimensions (when finished it is smaller than a basic prefold), it seems like she took her prefold, layed it flat, took the fabric and matched up the edge of the fabric to the edge of the prefold (right sides together) and sewed. Then match the other fabric edge to the other prefold edge (still right sides together) and sew. Now turn the whole thing (both ends are left open). Center the fabric strip down the middle - this will cause the sides of the burp cloth prefold to fold over on themselves. Sew trim on each end. I would make the center decorative fabric strip slightly shorter than the perfold so you don't have to worry about the edges sticking out, the trim (ribbon) will cover the edge.

You said it so much better than I did LOL!!!

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 07-13-2008, 11:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyat View Post
Is this using a prefold diaper?
Yes it is. You can buy the Gerber one in a package from Target or Walmart.

My online store:

Old 07-14-2008, 12:38

Quote:

So then are the sides just pressed to make the neat edge? and wouldn't it separate when you washed it?

Bows, Etc.
Handmade hair bows, clips, and headbands for all ages.

Kumihimo Woven Headband Instructions now available in my Etsy shop!
Old 07-14-2008, 05:16

Quote:

You guys are so smart! and much better at giving instructions than...lets say....ME LOLOLOLOL
Samantha
Old 07-14-2008, 08:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2garnett View Post
So then are the sides just pressed to make the neat edge? and wouldn't it separate when you washed it?
It should stay since you have each end sewn down.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:38

but she has white showing on the sides--if you turn it right sides together and sew the too sides that are down the middle--when you pull it through the opening at either bottom--there wont be any white showing on the sides.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel66 View Post
but she has white showing on the sides--if you turn it right sides together and sew the too sides that are down the middle--when you pull it through the opening at either bottom--there wont be any white showing on the sides.
If the fabric strip is not as wide as the burp cloth, when you turn it right sides out, the pieces that the pp said will fold over on themselves will be the white sides. You have to center the fabric strip between the white borders before pressing and adding trim.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:13

i guess i need to try it--i took a burp rag and pinned some material to it and pull it thru and all i had left showing was the fabric on top w/ a white back. no white sides. i covered the entire part that was double layered. would you cover more than that?

Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Closed Thread