hipgirl solid grosgrain ribbon 100yd

polka dot 100ydhttp://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=126_127_239

hipgirl printed ribbon
2.5" Solid Ribbons
2.25" Solid Ribbons
1.5" Ribbon -- 25 YD
7/8" Ribbon -- 25 YD
3/8" Ribbon -- 25 YD
Sequin Trim
Velvet Ribbons
Licensed Ribbon
Schiff Solid
7/8" Offray Solid

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > How to promote my online store.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:44
Administrator

Default How to post a banner linked to your website in Hip Girl Forum signature

If you have a banner in your signature which is linked to your website (like the signature image in my signature), it'll bring more traffic. Plus, the more posts you created, the more one-way link to your website which will improve your website's google ranking.

Please do not post 'annoying signature'--1 line post with 10 lines of advertisement in the signature can be annoying and it'll hurt your business.

Here are the steps:

0. Upload your image to online image hosting server (like photobucket, auctiva or hip girl Photo Gallery. Get the URL of your image.

1. See 1st image.
1) click 'user CP'
2) click 'Edit signature'
3) click 'insert image' button

2. see 2nd image
enter the image URL from step 0 then press 'enter'. Your image will be inserted into the edit window

3. see 3rd image
1) click the image to high-light it.
2) click 'insert link' button

4. enter the URL of your website/ blog etc then press 'enter'. Do not forget "http://".

5. Save your signature.

Thank you.

Michelle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg signature_banner_1.JPG (32.6 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg signature_banner_2.JPG (16.1 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg signature_banner_3.JPG (14.2 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg signature_banner_4.JPG (15.0 KB, 67 views)

*** Like this article? Help spread the word so that more people can benefit from it! Thank you.
*** Sign up free to view hair clip instructions--ladybug, butterfly, dragonfly...... Click the links for details

Michelle
www.HipGirlClips.com
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2008, 12:07

Default Re: How to post a banner linked to your website in Hip Girl Forum signature

Michelle-I don't have the insert picture image in mine when I bring up edit signature?? I see it here as I'm typing but not in the signature part?
Old 07-28-2008, 12:59
Administrator

Default Re: How to post a banner linked to your website in Hip Girl Forum signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_stinkypants_mom View Post
Michelle-I don't have the insert picture image in mine when I bring up edit signature?? I see it here as I'm typing but not in the signature part?
Sorry about it. Could you check again? I changed setting for 'registered users'.

Thanks.

Michelle
Old 07-28-2008, 01:09

Thanks!! Too bad it only allows one picture I have two sites! lol
Old 07-28-2008, 02:04

Heather, you need to upload the picture into the signature picture area, then insert the sigpic tags in.

Bows, Etc.
Handmade hair bows, clips, and headbands for all ages.

Kumihimo Woven Headband Instructions now available in my Etsy shop!
Old 07-28-2008, 02:21
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_stinkypants_mom View Post
Thanks!! Too bad it only allows one picture I have two sites! lol
Oh, I'll change it to 2.

Michelle

Ok it's done.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:28
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativekiddos View Post
Cool, thank you for explaining this Michelle, for some reason I can't get my banner to link, I entered the url and in just says invalid.
Heather, did you try to link www.creativekiddos.com? Did you put http:// ? If not, the link will be transferred to http://www.hipgirlclips.com/creativekiddos.com.

Michelle
Old 07-28-2008, 02:42

Heather -

I have attempted to fix it for you. If you have uploaded your banner image into the "signature picture" area, it *should* work. Please try a post and let me know.

*It appears you do not have a picture uploaded, because now I can't see the banner picture you had. Please go to UserCP -> Edit Signature -> Upload signature picture, and enter in the URL or upload from your computer. Then it should show up.*

Last edited by forum_mod_3; 07-28-2008 at 02:52.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:32

Thanks! You're awesome!
Old 07-28-2008, 09:49
Administrator

You're welcome
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies