http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-18-2011, 03:41

Default Re: Free Ribbon Puff Tutorial!

maybe its just me, but veerone knows there is a member here who slls the tut... why would you post the directions? How would anyone feel if the rolls were reversed.

I understand people want to help, but I just dont think its right to post this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykiddosmom View Post
There was a post in the freehairbows yahoo group this morning.
They said to cut them 2 1/2 inches long, then seal the cut ribbon pieces edges together into a tear drop shape.

Here are the links to pictures
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/freeha...943011400/view

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/freeha...522187634/view

Holiday, Princess, ballet shoes.....

ALL PROUDLY MADE IN THE U.S.A.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:50

Here is a link to the group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/freehairbows/

Last edited by mykiddosmom; 11-23-2011 at 10:21.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:46

Quote:
There was a post and two pictures originally in this post. The post was a persons version (not me) of how to make a poofy puff bow. It was posted in the freehairbows yahoo group this morning.

I originally posted the links here, but someone thought it too offensive. So if you want to try these out but don't have the money, don't sell bows, not sure these will work in your inventory or you like to play with ribbon and have lots of time; go to yahoo.com, to groups, then freehairbows.

There was a post today that is too close to the original to have on here without getting called out.

WOW It didn't even take 24 hours for me to remember why I stopped coming here to help people. So many quick to make a dollar for every little thing and quick to beat you up if you honestly like to help and figure things out.

If you cant find the group or post private message me and I will send you the links.
I was one of the ladies bothered that you posted the measurements. I don't think you meant anything bad by it, but I think these ladies were actually trying to help you by pointing out that it shouldn't be posted. I wasn't bothered because I was trying to make a quick dollar...it's not my tut. I was bothered more by the fact that the creator of the tut worked hard to put out a great tut that has become extremely popular. I get free tuts were going to happen. To post the free ones or even worse the exact measurements on a forum where the creator is a member and the tut is sold is just not right.

I am sorry that you feel that you can't some on here because we are mean, but other ladies that have so much great info to share don't come on here because of stuff like this. I am a SAHM and we are on a tight budget. I love the free tuts but I also realize sometimes I have to invest in paid ones to stay competitive or give my daughter cute bows. Compared to what ribbon costs these tuts are a small investment lol

Please understand just because someone tells you that you are doing something they don't agree with they are not being nasty. Honestly, these ladies were being nice in how they put it. I have seen posts like yours get some NASTY responses. It was nice of you to want to help and help is greatly appreciated. We all need it and welcome it. Sorry for the book, but I want you to realize where these ladies were coming from.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:03

I didn't know it was the exact measurement.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:17

Quote:
I didn't know it was the exact measurement.
It was honest mistake, but honestly when tuts are for sell on the board and you know it, I think its more board etiquette not to post any measurements. Sorry you felt attacked. Than really was not our intentions I get sometimes its hard to feel these boards out. Hope you have a great day and continue to contribute to the board
Old 11-19-2011, 12:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedMom View Post
It was honest mistake, but honestly when tuts are for sell on the board and you know it, I think its more board etiquette not to post any measurements. Sorry you felt attacked. Than really was not our intentions I get sometimes its hard to feel these boards out. Hope you have a great day and continue to contribute to the board
I am the one who posted how *I* made that bow in the freehairbows group. I have not seen the tutorial so I do not know what the exact instructions or measurements are in it, but I thought it was pretty simple to figure out. I was going to post my version in one of the threads where instructions were requested, but when I realized the original creator was here I did not. Sorry, I didn't think to post over at freehairbows not to share the instructions elsewhere.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedMom View Post
It was honest mistake, but honestly when tuts are for sell on the board and you know it, I think its more board etiquette not to post any measurements.

There are instructions on here for many items (most if not all) are offered for free all over the web. They are easily found and at times the free information is not readily given; instead members are promoting each others paid tutorials. I don't check this site often. Years ago I did and it only annoyed me. Something sent me here last week, but it wasn't regarding this tutorial. I clicked on the link since I had tried to make them for free, then seen she was attacked and thought help.

If you have bought a tutorial, then you shouldn't even be discussing a tutorial you paid for. No tips to tighten or anything, in my opinion. This thread wouldn't have went as far as it did, if paid people wouldn't have got involved. It would have been buried long ago.

I haven't paid for this tutorial. When I tried to make them, it was based off pictures from etsy. People don't always start with purchasing a tutorial. I didn't even search for a tutorial before I made mine. They didn't look that difficult to make. I started with longer ribbon at first, thinking they were bigger than they look. Slowly I made it down to 2 1/2 inches, but I have also used 2 3/4 and 3 inches. I made mine before my boutiques started, the beginning of October. I made two pair and stopped, because I thought they were too time consuming to cut all that ribbon for a small little hair clip.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:01

Smile Re: Free Ribbon Puff Tutorial!

Last edited by ronnie; 12-18-2011 at 09:25.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:04

********** sure wish hg would go back to the way it used to be*****************

Last edited by ronnie; 12-18-2011 at 09:25.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:53

Well I for one appreciate the link to the freebie. Thanks!!
Wholesale Ribbon Sculptures- accepting limited orders- http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/ribbo...culptures.html
Sponsored Links