Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-17-2011, 11:35

Default Re: Free Ribbon Puff Tutorial!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.BowlingtheBowMaker View Post
Sorry girls, can't post the exact link but google search: mooremischief pop tut and it will come up. This a totally free tut for these cute little bows that everyone is crazy about! Hope this helps someone!
I just saw another thread with the free tut you refer to.

Here is another one with bigger pictures.

Quote:
Sweet & Sassy
Loopy Flower Hair Bow Tutorial
http://shopsweetandsassy.blogspot.co...-tutorial.html
But Hilo's is tempting if it really saves that much ribbon. However, I can't imagine how you could use less ribbon and still get the same volume.

Kel
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2011, 01:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffer View Post
awww...I'm soo sorry you feel awful - its not fun to be hammered when you were new to a place and just trying to be helpful. I'm sure the other ladies on here just want to make sure that everyone knows the paid tut is well worth the money, I doubt they meant to hurt any feelings. I think they were just trying to be helpful in return to let everyone know that instead of possibly wasting time and money in supplies (and headaches) you should consider the small price to pay for something that is much better. I just recently bought the tut and I do agree whole heartedly that it is well worth all the fuss. However, I personally do appreciate you taking the time to share your find with us...you never know who might benefit from someone else's posts. I also hope that you will not be deterred from posting again...the ladies here have a wealth of knowledge and can be extremely giving and helpful!!
My sentiments exactly. Please do not feel discouraged about sharing ideas. That's what this forum is about.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:17

Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-18-2011, 08:18

Wow, I'm not sure why people found it necessary to be so mean. I think there are other ways people could have said that the other tutorial might be better and worth the money rather than calling the free one "awful" or "terrible". I feel like I'm dealing with my 4 and 6 year olds, saying "Do you want to try that again?" when they say something mean and I want them to think of another way they could have said something. I realize people get frustrated when others do something that they might not agree with, but I don't think it's necessary to be vicious.

Last edited by jyoung434; 11-18-2011 at 11:40.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:34

I have made the bows both ways and like how the one from the paid tut better. However, they both make pretty bows. I posted a picture of mine made with the bought tut somewhere on here!!! I was disappointed with the size and made another one using 3 inch strips and it was better. I made one with 5 inch strips and it did not do at all, the strips would not stand up. I asked about what size other people use but did not get a response. I made using 3/8 ribbon and was wondering if 1/2 or 7/8 ribbon would work. I have a show tomorrow and have to make a lot of bows for it so will experiment with the other sizes next week.

www.MarcootBoutique.etsy.com
Old 11-18-2011, 11:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcootBoutique View Post
I have made the bows both ways and like how the one from the paid tut better. However, they both make pretty bows. I posted a picture of mine made with the bought tut somewhere on here!!! I was disappointed with the size and made another one using 3 inch strips and it was better. I made one with 5 inch strips and it did not do at all, the strips would not stand up. I asked about what size other people use but did not get a response. I made using 3/8 ribbon and was wondering if 1/2 or 7/8 ribbon would work. I have a show tomorrow and have to make a lot of bows for it so will experiment with the other sizes next week.

www.MarcootBoutique.etsy.com
I used 3/8 on mine and used the length suggested on the paid tut. I think the trick is pulling it tight enough. After you figure that out they stand up great. It took me a few times to get the look and shape I wanted. I also starched and baked my last ones and they held their shape a little better. I think customers like the size even though they are small because they are perfect for pigtails.

I have made them with 5/8 inch ribbon using the same lengths but they are a little trickier to make, but looked cute. If I can help anymore, please let me know.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:21

Thank you, I might make some more tonight. After you get the hang of it they go pretty fast. Thanks for offering the tut!! I was thinking of asking $4.00 each - what do you think?
Old 11-18-2011, 12:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcootBoutique View Post
Thank you, I might make some more tonight. After you get the hang of it they go pretty fast. Thanks for offering the tut!! I was thinking of asking $4.00 each - what do you think?

$4-$5 seems to be what most of the ladies on here are selling them for. I put mine $5 that allows me some room to do a sell on them plus its takes a while to cut and seal all the ribbon. I am always up late so if need help just pm me.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:27

There was a post in the freehairbows yahoo group this morning.
They said to cut them 2 1/2 inches long, then seal the cut ribbon pieces edges together into a tear drop shape.

Here are the links to pictures
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/freehairbows/attachments/folder/1862724110/item/1943011400/view

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/freehairbows/attachments/folder/1836018002/item/522187634/view

Last edited by mykiddosmom; 11-23-2011 at 10:20. Reason: nuf said already
Old 11-18-2011, 03:41

it is one thing to say pull it tight etc like a pp - its another thing to disclose info from the paid tutorial - i find it disrespectful to the writer of the tut. if you want to know the length then u should buy the tut. plain and simple. on all tuts they say do not share this info etc - please respect your fellow hg's

If we've done business please leave feedback!!
Thank you!

Mommy to 5 precious babies.
Sponsored Links