Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-15-2011, 10:13

Default Re: Free Ribbon Puff Tutorial!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.BowlingtheBowMaker View Post
Oh no! I'm sorry I just searched for it. No I didn't make it and really hope I didn't step on anyones toes.
It's o.k. Thank you for sharing and trying to help
Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2011, 10:17

Thank you for your kind words
Old 11-15-2011, 10:18

This too! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffer View Post
awww...I'm soo sorry you feel awful - its not fun to be hammered when you were new to a place and just trying to be helpful. I'm sure the other ladies on here just want to make sure that everyone knows the paid tut is well worth the money, I doubt they meant to hurt any feelings. I think they were just trying to be helpful in return to let everyone know that instead of possibly wasting time and money in supplies (and headaches) you should consider the small price to pay for something that is much better. I just recently bought the tut and I do agree whole heartedly that it is well worth all the fuss. However, I personally do appreciate you taking the time to share your find with us...you never know who might benefit from someone else's posts. I also hope that you will not be deterred from posting again...the ladies here have a wealth of knowledge and can be extremely giving and helpful!!
Old 11-15-2011, 10:21

Thanks I really appreciate it because I had no idea of the previous drama with this tut or any idea it was awful compared to the other one
Old 11-15-2011, 10:22

I agree! Thank you so much for posting and trying to share with the group. I've been off the boards for a while and missed Hilo's tutorial. I was going to do a search for the puff tutorial, as well. Now, I know directly where to go...Hilo! Thanks to you both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedMom View Post
It's o.k. Thank you for sharing and trying to help
Old 11-15-2011, 10:25

Glad my uh-oh has helped someone else! And it saved me a lot of wasted ribbon and time too
Old 11-16-2011, 12:47

Hilo girl's is awesome!
Old 11-16-2011, 01:42

I am another fan of Hilo's! Her tut is wonderful. Very clean and easy to follow.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:47

Thanks for being helpful! I haven't bought the new tutorial, but the puffs are cute.

My attempt to make them without the tutorial were more oval.
I cut a bunch of pieces of ribbon to the same length with wood burner; 2 1/2 inches long. I used around 40 to 50 lenths of ribbon on each puff (just kept adding until it seemed full enough). Fold the ribbon piece in half and put on your needle (threaded with upholstery thread).

You will have 50 pieces of ribbon doubled in half, both ends on the ribbon threaded at the same time. Tie both ends of thread together with a good knot. It will make a big fanned out circle of ribbon. Then start shaping them so that some of the folded ribbons are standing up instead of laying sideways.

On one set I twisted one ribbon end before threading it on the needle (similar to loopy flowers). It gave it a different look and was a bit fuller.

Last edited by mykiddosmom; 11-19-2011 at 12:53. Reason: typos
Old 11-16-2011, 09:10

Wow! How helpful! Thank YOU and I will be trying this out Sounds beautiful, I think these little bows are just so darn cute!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg