New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-15-2011, 09:43

Default Re: Free Ribbon Puff Tutorial!

This!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2my3ks View Post
Sorry, but this tutorial is a big waste of time and supplies. Not even worth trying.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 11-15-2011, 09:45

Ok I'm sorry just was trying to be helpful for someone I will consider buying the tutorial rather than wasting my ribbon. But I had nothing to compare this tutorial too, as I said I have not purchased the one for sale yet.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:48

No I did a google search
Old 11-15-2011, 09:48

Thanks I'm glad you all like the tutorial!
I took a look at the free one linked in this thread and yes it's completely different from the one I put together. Everyone has their own preferences on how to do things and I think there's always room for different ideas and techniques
Old 11-15-2011, 09:50

Having used the original tut for sale (which is easy to follow & makes nice perfect puffs) I can honestly say this one is AWFUL. Don't bother searching for it.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:51

Well I offically feel awful. I had no clue that the original was easier because I haven't seen. Sorry to waste anyones time.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.BowlingtheBowMaker View Post
No I did a google search
The reason I ask is that several of us had told the creator of this tut how unethical it was to try to do a free tut for this bow so soon after the original tut came out. I was hoping she had done the right thing and taken it down.

I agree with these other ladies that this tut is not even close to the original. You will waste so much ribbon on this tut that the other tut will pay for itself The original tut is also SO much easier and less complicated.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:54

Oh no! I'm sorry I just searched for it. No I didn't make it and really hope I didn't step on anyones toes.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:58

I'm not going to say that this is an awful tut because that would be wrong. I am only allowed to say positive comments.

That is one splendiferous tutorial you have there! You are the best! I love how it looks nothing like the original. You are your own original pop bow maker. I would suggest a name change perhaps. Maybe a flop bow? I say this because yours is nice and floppy. I like that. The floppier the better.

Ha that's what she said!
Old 11-15-2011, 10:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.BowlingtheBowMaker View Post
Well I offically feel awful. I had no clue that the original was easier because I haven't seen. Sorry to waste anyones time.
awww...I'm soo sorry you feel awful - its not fun to be hammered when you were new to a place and just trying to be helpful. I'm sure the other ladies on here just want to make sure that everyone knows the paid tut is well worth the money, I doubt they meant to hurt any feelings. I think they were just trying to be helpful in return to let everyone know that instead of possibly wasting time and money in supplies (and headaches) you should consider the small price to pay for something that is much better. I just recently bought the tut and I do agree whole heartedly that it is well worth all the fuss. However, I personally do appreciate you taking the time to share your find with us...you never know who might benefit from someone else's posts. I also hope that you will not be deterred from posting again...the ladies here have a wealth of knowledge and can be extremely giving and helpful!!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif