http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lined-alligator-clips-with-teeth.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-rainbow-chevron-ribbon.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/1-25-satin-DIY-mini-bow-combo-1.jpg
new product--crochet hat

1.5' 7/8' Zebra New Colors

New products--peony new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2011, 05:12
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 74
Default BBM help please

I got the new ultimate kit in the mail yesterday (only 2 days of waiting)...I've read each of the books from cover to cover but I'm not understanding how to use the size guide that came with the snap templates... Can anyone please explain it to me in layman's terms?

And...which method of folding the TBB do you prefer (if you use the BBM)..the quick and easy, true fold, or split tails

TIA
Tiffany
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2011, 05:53
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4
Default Re: BBM help please

There is a youtube video on how to use the size guide, it's called Brilliant Bowmaker Snap Template Demo 0002

HTH!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2011, 07:21
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 74
Default Re: BBM help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPeasMom View Post
There is a youtube video on how to use the size guide, it's called Brilliant Bowmaker Snap Template Demo 0002

HTH!

thanks!! going to check it out!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2011, 06:48
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,505
Default Re: BBM help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffer View Post
I got the new ultimate kit in the mail yesterday (only 2 days of waiting)...I've read each of the books from cover to cover but I'm not understanding how to use the size guide that came with the snap templates... Can anyone please explain it to me in layman's terms?

And...which method of folding the TBB do you prefer (if you use the BBM)..the quick and easy, true fold, or split tails

TIA
Tiffany
i got tons of ??? also . . . gonna give it to dd to see what she comes up with by following the directions (she knows zip about making a bow - so she should be a good test). maybe she'll figure out where i'm going wrong!

i haven't gone thru all the methods of folding . . . but i like the one where you wrap it & put a pin/tack in the middle . . . it seems to me to be the best no fail method.

edit . . . i was also attempting to make these from the templates, but they're coming out standing straight up in the middle. . .

if anyone knows of a tut (free or $) for these . . . i just can't figure out how to get such a straight middle section and then have it go out to a bow. thanks for any help!

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/craft...questions.html

Last edited by prleaf; 11-14-2011 at 07:05.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2011, 07:58
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 293
Default Re: BBM help please

I'm with you. I mean I love the kit and I learned a lot of other methods, but cannot figure this part out!!! I can use all the advice available...
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2011, 06:09
LPLKaryn's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,208
Default Re: BBM help please

Show me a picture of what you've got and we'll get you on the right track
__________________
~Karyn
Brilliant Bowmaker Templates!
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2011, 09:37
Ste1977's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,256
Default Re: BBM help please

The size guide is to help you measure out the ribbon quickly. You just wrap it around the size guide until you have the correct number of wraps, cut and put it on your snap templates
__________________
S'te

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2011, 11:20
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 74
Default Re: BBM help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by prleaf View Post
i got tons of ??? also . . . gonna give it to dd to see what she comes up with by following the directions (she knows zip about making a bow - so she should be a good test). maybe she'll figure out where i'm going wrong!

i haven't gone thru all the methods of folding . . . but i like the one where you wrap it & put a pin/tack in the middle . . . it seems to me to be the best no fail method.

edit . . . i was also attempting to make these from the templates, but they're coming out standing straight up in the middle. . .

if anyone knows of a tut (free or $) for these . . . i just can't figure out how to get such a straight middle section and then have it go out to a bow. thanks for any help!


http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/craft...questions.html
yeah..my attempts at the TBB give a whole new meaning to the "TWISTED" boutique bow...pretty scary!!

But I'm not giving up just yet...I WILL figure these out!!! (hopefully)
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2011, 11:22
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 74
Default Re: BBM help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPLKaryn View Post
Show me a picture of what you've got and we'll get you on the right track
that would be great! except I've taken them all apart ...

hopefully I will have time tomorrow night to play around with it again and if i still don't have any luck i will definately be posting pictures!!

Thanks so much!!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2011, 06:53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,505
Default Re: BBM help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPLKaryn View Post
Show me a picture of what you've got and we'll get you on the right track
thank you . . . switched over to the classic bow.

the upper right tail is longer than the lower left tail - is this okay?

from your pics on page 20 and 21 . . . it appears the line on the template matches up with where your ribbon intersects (although it's quite difficult seeing the detail in your pics) . . . but my intersection is above this line (green line on the pic below) . . . is this okay?

is it okay if i don't secure the ribbon . . . but rather go directly to page 24 while it's on the template? if so, the pic on page 24 just shows dots and i've drawn in a black line on my pic of where i'm assuming the sewing should be . . . should the 3 stitches be on the top - or the back of the template - or does it matter?

also on page 34 . . . which end do i tuck in - the one on the right or the left - does it matter which one? is there any "trick" when using printed ribbon?

perhaps i'm being overly detailed, but i'm honestly trying to follow the written directions and match it up to your pics as best as i can see them!

thanks so much . . . i think i'll go sew this bow with the stitches on the top and take a pic. i'm not quite sure what i should do with the xtra ribbon that's not sewn, but i guess i'll find out!

p.s. i'm a bit leery about posting more details/???s as i don't want any of your proprietary info disseminated . . . so if you want me to edit/delete this post, i will!

edit edit . . . and i'll also take pics of my 3/8 bows . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg classic bow 1 questions.jpg (65.6 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by prleaf; 11-16-2011 at 06:56.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger