New products--alligator clips with teeth
Free bottle cap tutorial/instructions--sealing bottle caps
New products--3' star grosgrain ribbon
New products--hip scottie III

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-31-2011, 06:03
Default Re: what glue

i think may be my glue gun just stinks. Does fabric tac hold well. May be ill just get a better glue gun. hmmm i sew some stuff but other things i just cant sew but i dont like wating for glue to dry
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2011, 06:20

Sew my bows..
Old 10-31-2011, 08:25

I don't think you can make a bow with glue alone.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:20

It may be your glue. The glue that is clear is the best. I recently learned this the hard way; I thought it was my glue gun but after I changed out the glue life became much better!!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:43

I was having the same problem and after switching to a new glue gun and new glue~ it has made a HUGE different. I still think I need a "better" glue gun though. E6000 is so messy and does leak all over!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:37

Originally Posted by a_marines_wife03 View Post
i think may be my glue gun just stinks. Does fabric tac hold well. May be ill just get a better glue gun. hmmm i sew some stuff but other things i just cant sew but i dont like wating for glue to dry
I've made a bunch of FOE headbands and have attached fabric flowers, etc to it & haven't had any come apart. I do let it set for at least a day to be sure that it's reached the strongest hold because you can pull it apart (with a little difficulty) when it is still wet. But once it's dry, it's been fine for me. And I can continue making it while it is still wet, what I mean is that once I'm done with it, I try to wait till the next day before letting anyone wear it. I don't sell mine, so I don't make a ton. But I do make them regularly for gifts as well as wearing the headbands. Like I said, I don't make elaborate bows, so idk how well it would work on something like that, but if I were to try to make one, I'd try the fabri-tac first just to see. I like how it's done with the fabric flowers and the headbands. And honestly, I've made some that I've worn just an hour or so later... But try it out on what you are working with to be sure it'll work for you. For me, it's my favorite glue!

Hope that helps!

Last edited by TieDyesnButterflies; 11-03-2011 at 07:40. Reason: additional info
Old 11-07-2011, 10:46

same here, I use a high temp glue gun and have never had anything fall off, have never had a customer complain or had any trouble. I think my glue gun was no more than $10 and it's lasted forever! still going strong!
are you gluing your items down right away? if the glue starts to cool off even just a bit, it won't work as well...just a thought, good luck!
Sponsored Links