Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-27-2011, 09:06

Default getting even loops

I know this is posted all the time but I just cant get it I use the figure 8 method for doing my bows and no matter how many creases I make so everything is even I always get that one loop that is longer then the others. What could it be? Do you think that the sewing is the issue?
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 10-27-2011, 09:09

Default Re: getting even loops

can you post a pic??
Old 10-27-2011, 10:00

I wish I knew cause the same thing usually happens to me. I'm going to say it is the sewing cause I recently started using some templates and while my bow looks much better, I still have an uneven side. I'm sure to get them one day!!!
Old 10-27-2011, 10:03

I don't sew and I always have one longer loop!!! I'm fighting the same issue!! You are not alone!!!!
Old 10-27-2011, 10:03

Maybe the loops are sliding around a little while your sewing/tieing it? Do you use a clip or anything to hold it in place while you sew/tie it? Also maybe try using a spare dowel rod or something flat to put in the loops and make sure they're straight with each step before you sew/tie it.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:49

I've gotten a little better over time but it takes practice.

Kel
Old 10-27-2011, 11:12

Practice, practice, practice is the best advice I can give you. I don't think the creases are what makes one side uneven, its the initial fold. I spend too much time making twisteds and end up having to redo them from time to time.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allicat Boutique View Post
Maybe the loops are sliding around a little while your sewing/tieing it? Do you use a clip or anything to hold it in place while you sew/tie it? Also maybe try using a spare dowel rod or something flat to put in the loops and make sure they're straight with each step before you sew/tie it.

I use the big sallys clip to hold it but I am also thinking that I overlap the middle to much and that might have something to do with it. I will have to stick the memory card in the camera and then do pics step by step because somewhere I am off somewhere. I have a whole bucket of bows that one side is off! lol
Old 10-28-2011, 02:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleece3 View Post
I have a whole bucket of bows that one side is off! lol

Oh, NO!!!! lol

I use the Sally's clip, too. When I do the initial figure 8, I take a dowel rod through the loops and pull them up to make sure they're even (holding the middle with my finger). Then I take the middle of the one loop and put it on the middle of the "x", then the other side. I tie mine so I can straighten out the loops if necessary though.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:08

Ok that used to happen to me tooo :/ what i did until i got better was when u crease the ribbon in the middle use a pencil or pen and make a line right in the middle when u bring each end to the center make sure u line up with the line and right before u tie or sew u can actually see the line if its not in the middle thats where the problem is! your loops are uneven because even the slightest shift will make the loops uneven. hope that helps