Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-27-2011, 12:20

Default Re: Cut ribbon for puffs and other things 100 times faster!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojyllek View Post
If you use the woodburner and swipe the ribbon, it cuts and heat seals it in one movement. No need for a lighter. Like, you lay the ribbon across the board. Then use the hot woodburner against the glass above the ribbon. Then swipe down to cut/seal. Works like a charm!
So you cut one at a time then? I just don't see how this would work with a stack of ribbon- wouldn't they fuse together?

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cass View Post
So you cut one at a time then? I just don't see how this would work with a stack of ribbon- wouldn't they fuse together?

Yes they will fuse together
Old 10-27-2011, 08:15

I love those puffs, bought the tut and made one and said "dang this is time intensive.. they are cute but not that cute.. I may have to give it another try with this method.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by cass View Post
One length of ribbon at a time.
I have my mat marked the long way... I lay it down, then the spool of ribbon on the left, trail of ribbon sticking out across the board, all the way to the other side. I have my markings for sizes all the way across the board. Like, I have a line that is my length for clippie lining, another with the length I need for ribbon flowers, etc. Each line has 3 or 4 or whatever lengths will fit on the board.
Then swipe/swipe/swipe/swipe - I just cut and heat-sealed 4 ribbons for clip lining. Then I pull some more ribbon out and put it just below what is already cut and use the already cut ones to measure and cut another length of the cutting board.
It is seriously fast.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:25

I do this too! I am actually using a casserole dish with the sized underneath so I don't have to worry about staying away from the ruler when cutting. Goes much faster. I don't have a cutting mat though... are they glass or metal? Can you use a wood burner on them... hmmm may be on my Christmas list to me
Old 10-27-2011, 11:58

I have a small glass top table (I think is supposed to be a wine rack on bottom) and taped a tape measure to the underside and do this also.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:59

I got the table at CVS last year after Christmas for 90% off. I think it cost about $2.50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtordebp View Post
I have a small glass top table (I think is supposed to be a wine rack on bottom) and taped a tape measure to the underside and do this also.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:17

Like some ladies mentioned, I use a picture frame or should I say the glass from a picture frame. I printed out a graph sheet from girlythingbows (I believe thats correct) and place it under the glass before cutting with my woodburner.

You can get a frame from the dollar store, super cheap and gets the job done. You can find the metal rulers on ebay for cheap as well.

I believe that Michaels has a 50% off coupon this week and Hobby Lobby has a 40% one. Never pay full price if you don't have to!

Mom to Kali & Sia
http://kalihunefer.blogspot.com/ - Our Miracle
Old 10-27-2011, 05:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto_ydj View Post
I printed a ruler & put it inside my picture frame.
Great idea!
Old 10-27-2011, 07:06

I use a glass cutting mat and a wood burning tool cutting the pieces one at a time. It is faster than using a lighter.
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies