Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-25-2011, 05:50

Default Lining clips...production line

So I would like to start to get more organized and be more productive in less time.

I would like to make bows one night, line clips another night, and then assemble on the last night...

For of those who do this type of method...how many colors do you use when lining your clips? Do you use only white/black...or do you always coordinate with bows...and if so you obviously account for this when ordering right?

Thanks for the help...
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 10-25-2011, 06:13

Default Re: Lining clips...production line

I always match the color my clips to what I'm attaching it to.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:16

So how do you line your clips if you do them ahead?
Old 10-25-2011, 06:19

I like this approach when we have shows.

The list of colors depends on what you carry and how many you need to make. If you carry 40 colors but only need 2 of each it is remarkably different than if you need 10 of each. I always try to coordinate the colors, it just adds an elegence that is easy to overlook, but shows you take the time to look at the details.

Sorry to be so vague, but it really depends how many you need to end up with.

If you would like to save time you may consider buying your clips pre-lined. Depending how proficient you are at lining clips, this could give you significantly more time to work on the bows. This would make your time very efficient.

Last edited by mysunshineboutique; 10-25-2011 at 06:21.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:25

Thank you for sharing , i was wondering the same thing.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:15

The way I do it (mostly for pinwheels) is basically by color. One night I use the woodburner to cut all of my pieces to line clips, wrap the centers, and for the bow itself. Then I sew the bows, plug in gluegun and line clips, attach bows, attach centers. Move onto next color and repeat. I used to line all clips, then sew all bows, and it became a mess that way. I tend to do 15 of black, white, light pink, shocking pink, fuschia, ivory, red, and brown, and 10 of the others in 3" pinwheels. Last show I did 1.5" itty bitty pinwheels and only sold one but have had orders for them... I just also do those at the same time as the same color larger size.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysunshineboutique View Post
I like this approach when we have shows.

The list of colors depends on what you carry and how many you need to make. If you carry 40 colors but only need 2 of each it is remarkably different than if you need 10 of each. I always try to coordinate the colors, it just adds an elegence that is easy to overlook, but shows you take the time to look at the details.

Sorry to be so vague, but it really depends how many you need to end up with.

If you would like to save time you may consider buying your clips pre-lined. Depending how proficient you are at lining clips, this could give you significantly more time to work on the bows. This would make your time very efficient.
Unless you have very specific ribbon that you want to line your clip (which I only use my "cute" ribbon when the ribbon is actually going to show--like preppy stripes, patterns, etc.--with a resin or something that actually lets the cute ribbon show through), I would SOOOOOO buy pre-lined clips from MySunshineBoutique!!! I just got my order today and they are AWESOME. I am SOOOOOO very picky how my clips are lined. But I am trying to cut down on production time and order from them. They rock!! I would SOOOO recommend them. They have solids, dots and prints to choose from. You can't go wrong on the price! For the price they are selling them, it's not worth my time to do them myself
Old 10-25-2011, 11:07

so this is what I do (and this is just for the basic non stacked bows), lets say that i just got in 10 new ribbons. I always like to have at least 2 pair made for shows (yes I carry and extraordinarily large inventory with me every time) then I like to have at least a couple pair to make into tuxedo clippies, and I have a huge board with just plain lined clips & snap clips that people grab at checkout.
so I cut 4 lengths for the bows (usually in 3/8" and 7/8" and sometimes in 1.5" but lets not include that right now)
so i then need to cut (with woodburner)
16 pieces to line clips, (8 for bows, 4 for tux bows, 4 for clips)
4 to line snaps,
the tuxedo part of the 4 tuxedo bows,
and the centers for the 8 original bows.
I separate them into plastic baggies and put all the baggies into a bucket or plastic bag (whatever i need depending on where I plan to work on this)
I usually cut everything, then make the bow, then finish the bow (heatseal etc) then line clips, then assemble all the pieces.
this way works for me because i don't have to go back and try to figure out if I made a certain color tuxedo bow, or how many clips do i need to line for this style etc. and I can easily grab the baggie with the non-gluing portion and just work on sewing bows or heat sealing ends and can go back and easily find where i left off.... granted- when a very large group buy comes in with oodles of different colors and styles I get behind and can spend hours just cutting and sorting into my baggies.... LOL
Old 10-27-2011, 11:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletDaisy View Post
Unless you have very specific ribbon that you want to line your clip (which I only use my "cute" ribbon when the ribbon is actually going to show--like preppy stripes, patterns, etc.--with a resin or something that actually lets the cute ribbon show through), I would SOOOOOO buy pre-lined clips from MySunshineBoutique!!! I just got my order today and they are AWESOME. I am SOOOOOO very picky how my clips are lined. But I am trying to cut down on production time and order from them. They rock!! I would SOOOO recommend them. They have solids, dots and prints to choose from. You can't go wrong on the price! For the price they are selling them, it's not worth my time to do them myself
we're happy you like. If you have other ribbon you would like to use, you can ship it over and we can line the clips with your ribbon.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:36

I HATE to line clips!!!! But, since I use silicone for a non-slip, I have to do them myself. I cut each piece of ribbon 4 1/4 inches for a patially lined clip. I do about 20 of pinks, black, and white, then about 10 each of mixed colors (whateevr I may be working on at the time, i.e. red/green for Christmas). I line them up and add my non slip to them and seal the ends. Usually it's something I do at night so that the silicone is dry by morning and I can finish my clips. I can't wait till my daughter is old enough to do this step!

For the bows, a lot of times I sit on the couch with the fam and fold/sew bows while we hang out, so I end up with a bag full of bows to later attach the centers and stick on the clips.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies