key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-24-2011, 10:32

Default Bottle Caps: Adhesives & Such

I hope I'm posting this correctly. I've been a lurker for quite a while but finally decided to register an account & participate. (:

I always have my images printed on glossy photo paper at the store (because my home printer stinks!). I have always used Mod Podge to attach the images, then sealed around the edges and over the top with 3D Crystal Lacquer.

Recently I started an enormous order and decided to use Epoxy Domes for it instead, not realizing they don't work well with glossy photo paper. Uughh!

I have read that a lot of you use the Xyron Create-A-Sticker machine to attach the images before sealing them. I was wondering if I used that instead of Mod Podge, I could use Crystal Lacquer or Epoxy Domes and still have them printed on regular glossy photo paper.

I'm assuming I'd have to use the permanent stickers, correct?
Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2011, 03:49

Default Re: Bottle Caps: Adhesives & Such

No one?

I think it will work, just wanted to be sure before I made a big batch of them.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:29

I have used my Xyron machine with glossy pics and the epoxy dome without a problem. Is it not sealing well for you? I haven't ever used Mod Podge so I'm not sure of the difference.

Amanda
Old 10-27-2011, 04:32

I xyron, mod podge, and then seal
Old 10-27-2011, 05:06

I also use the Xyron to stick the image down and haven't had a problem with the domes not sticking to glossy images. One tip I read was to punch out your image, stick the resin dome on & rub the back to get out any air bubbles, then run the entire thing through the Xyron before sticking it onto your botle cap. Haven't tried it yet but I'd think rubbing the image directly onto the dome and the pressure of running it through the sticker maker would ensure a better bond. HTH
Old 10-27-2011, 08:44

I think it isn't sealing because the Mod Podge isn't a very strong adhesive. When I used the Lacquer I went around the edges first so they were covered, but since the domes don't overlap the edges it doesn't work. I'm not sure if it's just glossy prints that the domes don't work well on, it's just what I read in the insert I got with them.

I'm going to try the other suggestion posted and try putting the dome on the punched out image first and running the whole thing through the Xyron. I guess I still have some experimenting to do!

Thanks for the replies. (:
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif

Tags
adhesive, bottle caps, photo paper, sealing, sticker