http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-03-2011, 12:17

Default Re: Have you made Duct Tape Bows, etc.??

Here's what I pulled up on a Google search.

(Duck, Duct) Tape Bows

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:26

One of my nieces friends made her baby some duct tape bows. I think they are cute. Duck tape is a big think right now. I thought about making a few things for my self with it. But havent had time. I would probably make a few and put them out there to see if they sale before you made a lot. I think they would sale though. Good Luck!
Old 11-04-2011, 10:44

I've attached a picture of a couple I made. Hope it works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raelin06 View Post
I have no idea what this is. Anyone have a picture they'd like to share??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1986.jpg (121.4 KB, 50 views)
Old 11-04-2011, 12:58

I have never seen nor heard of this, but I'm intrigued! Especially as it sounds like something my young daughter could help me with. She likes to "help," but most of my creations are for adults and brides, and I'm far too particular and anal to let her do much of anything other than help me come up with color combinations. THIS, though, sounds like something she'd have fun making!! Even better, I recently bought some patterned duct tape because I thought it would be fun to wrap packages with it. Now I have another use for that big ole roll!

Thanks, Hipgirls, for passing along these cool ideas!
Old 11-04-2011, 08:35

I've been making these for a few months now and some shows I do really good with them and others not so good.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by felin View Post
Here's what I pulled up on a Google search.

(Duck, Duct) Tape Bows
Whoa. Did you see the Duck Tape "Queen of Hearts" costume.

I wonder how many rolls that took.

Kel
Old 11-05-2011, 09:15

HI, I have been making them for about a year now, and every show I do I make enough to hang on a long fabric belt (about 50) and the last show I did I sold all but 3, now I bring my tape with me and make them on spot the colors they want and charge an extra $1 for customs on spot. Then again I have every colory and pattern thats out there and I make mine about 3" wide and attatch them with Bobbie pins(so much easier). I sell for $2 each. Also I have ones on alli clips if they want them for the little girls and dogs. I do not line the clips as its a cheap fun Bow. Also I just found glow inthe dark tape and Christmas tape, can not wait for the next show to have these ones, also you can make probably 50 in an hour (so easy).
Old 11-05-2011, 11:05

Hi...do you mind saying where you found glow tape and christmas tape? TIA Oh also , I use bobby pins and just stick them through , but how do you get the other kinds of clips to stay? I have had no luck with hot glue or e6ooo due to the slick surface.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:00

I found the glow in the dark at AC Moore and the Christmas too. Also for the alli clips I just put the clip on and hold it and then put another piece of duct tape around the center, also just got College ones last night at a shop here in town for $3 a roll (App state, Tarheels, Clemson, ) and then went to Ben Franklins and found Wake Forest (paid more though like $9), but believe me I get my money out of 1 roll.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:07

Hi, wanted to let people know I got College Duck Tape yesterday for $3 a roll. The brand was Shurtape. Same size roll as the name Brand. But SOO much cheaper than the duct tape as thats about $8 a roll for the College themes.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies