Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-23-2011, 02:47

Default What images can be used and not used?

Hello everyone,

My name is Shaly. I am a newbie here and am loving this place. I've found so many great tutorials that all of my searching on the web did not provide, its been very helpful so far.

I've been trying my hand at making bottle caps for bows that a friend of mine makes for my little girls but I was concerned about the kind of pictures that are allowed to be used to make images for bottle caps with?

I know there are a lot of copyrighted images out there and I don't want to step on anyone's toes or get into trouble for making bottle caps with images I'm not supposed to. I mean I know Disney images are copyrighted, but I've seen hundreds of bottle caps with those images, so I'm confused and am not sure what I can and cannot use.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2011, 05:30

Default Re: What images can be used and not used?

Marking.

Would love to see what others say. I was wondering the same thing. I wanted to make some for my older nieces who love Dora and Disney Princesses.

Mom to Kali & Sia
http://kalihunefer.blogspot.com/ - Our Miracle
Old 10-23-2011, 06:47

Basically legally you can not use any image that is not your original artwork or that you get permission from the creator to use

This includes:
EVERYTHING DISNEY and well basically everything you see on TV or in the movies
SPORTS TEAMS all the way from professional to local level
Images that you use google to find
even clip art that does not say FREE to use.

HTH

Google copyright and trademark for more info!
Old 10-23-2011, 07:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by snmhxf View Post
Basically legally you can not use any image that is not your original artwork or that you get permission from the creator to use

This includes:
EVERYTHING DISNEY and well basically everything you see on TV or in the movies
SPORTS TEAMS all the way from professional to local level
Images that you use google to find
even clip art that does not say FREE to use.

HTH

Google copyright and trademark for more info!

Yup, people just try to fly under the radar with licensed characters-but still illegal
Old 10-23-2011, 08:48

Thank you ladies for the information provided. I used to do tags using PSP so have licenses to use those images, since I won't be selling my bottle caps as I am making them for my little girls to use, its okay for me to use the images/tubes I have for those.

I was only asking just in case I do try my hand at making images to sell, I didn't want to get into any trouble. I will definitely search on google for copyright/trademark information as well as search FTU images.

Thanks again!

Shaly
Old 10-27-2011, 11:54

I "hang out" on a Disney board too and asked over there since some of the artists have been approached by Disney and the basic response is that you can use images for stuff you are making for personal use without a problem but it becomes a problem when you try to sell it.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by blmcdowell View Post
I "hang out" on a Disney board too and asked over there since some of the artists have been approached by Disney and the basic response is that you can use images for stuff you are making for personal use without a problem but it becomes a problem when you try to sell it.
I kind of figured that but I just wanted to make sure, thanks everyone!
Old 11-04-2011, 11:39

I was wondering the same thing. A lot of ppl use copyrighted images I was wondering how they were going about do them. I would like to make my own images. I did make my first bottle cap the other day for my daughter halloween bow. I just bought scrap book paper and punched out a pumpkin and place int he bottle cap. I have no ink in my printer right now and this seemed to work. I hope this is okay???? I would love to also see what others say about the bottle cap images. It seems like a lot of ppl have question in the images and are a little confused. This is a good question to ask. Look forward in seeing what everyone says.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:49

As I understand it, the HG copyright policy is intended to protect all pictures, not just those that are water marked, or noted with some sort of "copyright" indication.

Kel
Old 11-10-2011, 09:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajcnpgc4ever View Post
I was wondering the same thing. A lot of ppl use copyrighted images I was wondering how they were going about do them. I would like to make my own images. I did make my first bottle cap the other day for my daughter halloween bow. I just bought scrap book paper and punched out a pumpkin and place int he bottle cap. I have no ink in my printer right now and this seemed to work. I hope this is okay???? I would love to also see what others say about the bottle cap images. It seems like a lot of ppl have question in the images and are a little confused. This is a good question to ask. Look forward in seeing what everyone says.
My understanding is that if you buy something licensed - like scrapbook paper, even if it is Disney, etc. then you can use it. Disney got paid for it to be used on the scrapbook paper and you are consuming it, not reproducing it. If you go to the scrapbook manufacturer's web page and print a picture of it, Disney did not get paid for your use and that is not kosher. I make felts, but will not do licensed images, *except* for using a licensed fabric fused to the felt - in that case I bought the fabric and the license holder got their fee.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg