5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-21-2011, 08:33

Default How do you glue the clip to stacked bows

I posted a question a month ago about my Etsy shop and one of the tips I got was to take pictures without having the clip attached to the bow. It worked. My shop is starting to have sales finally. But, now I would like to know if you take pictures just of a sample bow and attached the clips to your bows the traditional way or do you just glue the clip to the back of the bow? I find that with the loopies and all the layers, attaching the clip the conventional way (ribbon around the bow into the clip) makes them look bulky and mishape the bow, so I really like how it turns when I just glue the clip on the back but I am afraid of it falling off.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 10-21-2011, 12:27

Default Re: How do you glue the clip to stacked bows

I don't understand how gluing to the bottom of the bow or the inside of a clip makes any difference in the bow shape? If I take a photo of a bow without hardware attached, I pin the ends of the knot ribbon underneath the bow with the flat headed pins I get when I order striped ribbons. I don't mean pin across the ribbon the way you would if you were layering two pieces of fabrics to sew, but just sticking the pin straight into the bow.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:17

I know what you mean about the ribbon going around all the layers, I've had that problem too, I believe it's caused by the surrounding loops, I'm not sure yet what I did differently to them to stop the issue though. I love the look of the surrounds, *hate* making them!

I also prefer the stability of the ribbon being wrapped around all the layers, but for the bows I can't get to look right that way, I glue the layers together as best I can in places you can't see to give the stability a stacked bow needs, then glue it to a lined clip. Not had any issues with the bow falling off when just glued to the lined clip.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:45

I glue mine around the clip too worried it would fall off any other way.

Old 10-23-2011, 06:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by madejust4you View Post
I glue mine around the clip too worried it would fall off any other way.
i've always wondered about this . . . how do you keep the 2 layers of ribbon + glue = clip not close tightly/evenly?

i've seen some clips where this is a problem. oops - almost forgot - and then add a grippie if needed = lots going on inside a clip!
Old 10-24-2011, 06:16

Have you ever tried ripping a bow off a glued clip? It's really hard and you bend the clip. I just glue mine on a partially lined clip and add my no slip. I have recently started glueing my bows on clips upside down. Alligator clips have that angled top and a flat bottom, I glue the bow to the flat bottom instead. The bow lays nice and flat, the way your created it, and the curve of the clips sits so much nicer on the curve of the head. I also take pictures before I glue the Clip on and if I forget I just put something under the other side so it level. Hth.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:24

I wrap my center ribbon around the clip. like someone else said, just use a pin to hold them in place while taking a picture...
Old 10-24-2011, 11:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by H&A'smommy View Post
I wrap my center ribbon around the clip. like someone else said, just use a pin to hold them in place while taking a picture...
I like this idea and seems as though it will make things less stressful when taking pictures. I always wondered how most people bows did not fall over.

Thanks for sharing this ladies.

Mom to Kali & Sia
http://kalihunefer.blogspot.com/ - Our Miracle
Old 10-24-2011, 11:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by banglesnbows View Post
Have you ever tried ripping a bow off a glued clip? It's really hard and you bend the clip. I just glue mine on a partially lined clip and add my no slip. I have recently started glueing my bows on clips upside down. Alligator clips have that angled top and a flat bottom, I glue the bow to the flat bottom instead. The bow lays nice and flat, the way your created it, and the curve of the clips sits so much nicer on the curve of the head. I also take pictures before I glue the Clip on and if I forget I just put something under the other side so it level. Hth.
Yes this is hard to do! lol I'm trying to picture how the bow lays better. I've seen others do it. I just always thought that the curve would go against the head and make the bow sit weird on the head.

Mom to Kali & Sia
http://kalihunefer.blogspot.com/ - Our Miracle
Old 10-24-2011, 02:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by prleaf View Post
i've always wondered about this . . . how do you keep the 2 layers of ribbon + glue = clip not close tightly/evenly?

i've seen some clips where this is a problem. oops - almost forgot - and then add a grippie if needed = lots going on inside a clip!
yes on some little ones I worry and add a anti slip grip- but otherwise I don't worry and never had it be a problem

Sponsored Links