http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-15-2011, 07:51

Default Bottle Caps w/Epoxy Dots

ok I decided to try using epoxy dots for bottle caps and I'm struggling a little with it...the dots are the same size as my images and now idk how to attach them to the bottle cap...can anyone help please?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 10-15-2011, 08:24

Default Re: Bottle Caps w/Epoxy Dots

I've researched this a little bit and I've seen quite a few people use a Xyron sticker maker. You just run your images through the machine, rub the image, peel off the plastic and apply it to your cap.
I bought mine at Hobby Lobby & LOVE it. It was $9.99 & I used the 40% off coupon from their website. Hth!
Old 10-15-2011, 09:00

I messed up my fair share of bottle caps by mis-handling epoxy stickers.

I usually do this two different ways.
1. I place the epoxy sticker on the image while it is still on my 4 x 6 sheet then cut around the image.

2. I'll use a 1-inch hole punch, place the image in the cap and then carefully place the sticker on top.

Of the two, I'm more successful with option 1. Less mistakes when handling the stickers.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:15

I've used a double sided adhesive square (scrapbooking isle) and E6000. I prefer the squares, bc I dont like how long it taked the E6000 to dry. Never had an issue with them falling off! HTH!
Old 10-16-2011, 02:18

I punch the image > adhere the dot to the image > rub it really good so there are no air bubbles > attach to bottle cap with e6000.

I've used the xyron before and have had problems... but since so many use it here I'm testing a small batch ... wondering if I had a bad cartridge last year.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:25

im good about getting the images on the epoxy dots but then how do you get that to adhere to the bottlecap? everything i try the edges keep popping up and not quite adhering or completely popping off...any ideas (sorry to hijack, but it sorta went along with this )
Old 10-23-2011, 11:42

my dots are the same size as the image and when i try to glue it fades all the color out of my image...that's where the problem is...I'm gonna try to do the Xyron (my mom gave me the like 2.5" machine awhile ago) but if that doesn't work will the E6000 make the colors bleed?
Sponsored Links