New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2011, 10:02
nkelley09's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 287
Default Re: Bow cards?

I ordered mine at vista print. I used the postcard size for it, which now I'm wishing I had ordered some smaller ones as well because for some things they look way too big. I don't worry too much about the slits looking perfect since the product covers it up, I just use a small blade to cut them.
__________________

Visit us on etsy: http://www.sewbeachyboutique.etsy.com
And Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sewbeachyboutique
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2011, 12:17
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 99
Default Re: Bow cards?

I use a business card from Vista Print and got a cute little flower punch to use to clip the bows into, so it is not just a slit.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2011, 03:01
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,356
Default Re: Bow cards?

Vista Print- business card size, postcards and I also had the person who designed them make me a template that is postcard sized- but it is actually 2 cards on it- then i just use a paper cutter and i get 2 cards from each postcard (this is a great in-between size)- I use a regular hole punch or a paper cutter (for scrapbooks) or an exacto knife
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2011, 04:37
Littlebowpeeps's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 35
Default Re: Bow cards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkelley09 View Post
I ordered mine at vista print. I used the postcard size for it, which now I'm wishing I had ordered some smaller ones as well because for some things they look way too big. I don't worry too much about the slits looking perfect since the product covers it up, I just use a small blade to cut them.
True about the bow covering them. By the way, I love your logo! It's very cute.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2011, 04:48
Aeonix's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 582
Default Re: Bow cards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prleaf View Post
yup . . . that bow punch works great . . . but because of its limited reach, it works best w/business cards from v/print. i can only do 2 cards at a time w/this punch.

in a pinch . . . a regular hole punch works okay w/postcards . . . but i'm gonna look for the long reach one for larger cards . . . http://www.paperwishes.com/products/7219380000
I have one of these from Hobby Lobby, it's great for ali clips but if you use anything bigger like french clips they don't work (holes are too small). Not overly impressed by the quality of the punch (their own brand, McGill looks nicer), after awhile my hand really hurts. I put all my stacked bows on french clips because of the weight of the bow, and I have to double punch which is a huge pain and impossible to get nice looking holes. I've started looking at more industrial type paper punches but they never tell how long the reach is or the size of the holes, it's frustrating.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2011, 06:52
CindyH67's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 560
Default Re: Bow cards?

Do you remember who made you a template? I could really use one.

Thanks


Quote:
Originally Posted by arcmis View Post
Vista Print- business card size, postcards and I also had the person who designed them make me a template that is postcard sized- but it is actually 2 cards on it- then i just use a paper cutter and i get 2 cards from each postcard (this is a great in-between size)- I use a regular hole punch or a paper cutter (for scrapbooks) or an exacto knife
__________________
Cindy
http://HookedOnCrafts.etsy.com
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2011, 10:47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,094
Default Re: Bow cards?

Like most everyone said,
I get the postcards from Vista print.
They have frequent sales and have the free postcard special all the time, so even if I don't need them, I stock up
__________________
be a part of WholesaleGroupBuys
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2011, 10:51
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 15
Default Re: Bow cards?

We had business cards made and they punched 3 holes in the card for us. 1 at the top to hang on a peg and 2 at the bottom to clip the bow on it. They only charged me $5 to punch the holes in 1000 cards....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2011, 04:15
Littlebowpeeps's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 35
Default Re: Bow cards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeonix View Post
I have one of these from Hobby Lobby, it's great for ali clips but if you use anything bigger like french clips they don't work (holes are too small). Not overly impressed by the quality of the punch (their own brand, McGill looks nicer), after awhile my hand really hurts. I put all my stacked bows on french clips because of the weight of the bow, and I have to double punch which is a huge pain and impossible to get nice looking holes. I've started looking at more industrial type paper punches but they never tell how long the reach is or the size of the holes, it's frustrating.
Oh no! I just bought this punch-ordered it, but haven't gotten it yet. Bummer.
__________________

http://stores.ebay.com/Ribbon-Habit
Like me on Facebook! "Ribbon Habit"
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2011, 08:22
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 83
Default Re: Bow cards?

I need a template to put 2 on a postcard also if anyone knows where to get one made!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger