New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-11-2011, 08:19

Default How to get more fans?

I finally opened my facebook page and only have 3 fans, including me.
I invited some of my facebook friends but I only got 2 responses. I saw you can promote with Facebook but it is not free. So, how do you get more fans to like your page? I am not talking about other people who are into making bows or crafts, I mean potential buyers?

Here is my linkhttp://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...298230?sk=wall
Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2011, 08:33

Default Re: How to get more fans?

Have you done any craft shows? We dont use FB that much, but we get a surge of people after every show. FB is definately word of mouth and it just takes some connections to get friends of friends. And friends of friends of friends is the only way to get large numbers.

Lot of luck
Old 10-11-2011, 08:35

Lots of things! After someone purchases from me on etsy I thank them and give them a link to my facebook. I join a lot of giveaways with companies that have a lot of fans like 5k +. I do silent tagging or ladder games!

Old 10-11-2011, 08:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysunshineboutique View Post
Have you done any craft shows? We dont use FB that much, but we get a surge of people after every show. FB is definately word of mouth and it just takes some connections to get friends of friends. And friends of friends of friends is the only way to get large numbers.

Lot of luck
I will have a craft show next week, but I expect it to be small. I am just taking clippies, some Halloween bows and Christmas bows. It is for a small audience and it works more like a "yard sale" than a craft show so I need to offer low prices. I will write my facebook address on my business cards.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:30

Red face Re: How to get more fans?

I tell EVERYONE about my facebook page. One thing I highly recommend is join a networking page. Participate in on their games and wall comments. I also recommend facebook advertising. I got quite a few fans just by running a $25 advertising campaign.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:56

Have you tried searching the Business Issues forum?

I'll bet there is a lot of info on topics like this one over there.

Kel
Old 10-13-2011, 08:23

I network on a lot of networking facebook pages. Try these names... The Craft Show, Addicted to Networking, Find me fans, Fan page Promote.... Basically if you type in craft, network, fans, page, promote the major ones should come up. The craft show does these silent cruises where you tag your page as a comment from your personal page and in return you like the people who posted above and below you. I often share my link and any deals on as many of these pages as well. I hope this helps some. My page is www.facebook.com/starshineseclecticbowteek <3 hope to see you soon
Old 10-13-2011, 10:11

But are these potential buyers or just people trying to get more likes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbettua View Post
Lots of things! After someone purchases from me on etsy I thank them and give them a link to my facebook. I join a lot of giveaways with companies that have a lot of fans like 5k +. I do silent tagging or ladder games!
I heard from multiple people this doesn't work? Can I ask you how many you got? Facebook is hard for me! I do a lot of shows and have never had anyone like my page after. Is my page that bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautifulbowsbymeme View Post
I tell EVERYONE about my facebook page. One thing I highly recommend is join a networking page. Participate in on their games and wall comments. I also recommend facebook advertising. I got quite a few fans just by running a $25 advertising campaign.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnielsen82 View Post
But are these potential buyers or just people trying to get more likes?

I heard from multiple people this doesn't work? Can I ask you how many you got? Facebook is hard for me! I do a lot of shows and have never had anyone like my page after. Is my page that bad!
From Facebook Advertising I received 45 new fans over the two week period. It worked well because I've made that money back plus some! The networking to get more likes shows you to post on their page about your business and vice versa. It just allows you to get your name out there.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:10

I am a little different, I don't like to sell online, my facebook is for my local customers to be able to see photos and communicate with me between shows. I have a whole huge 80 something fans, but they are all fans that have liked my page from a card I gave them or from being referred by a friend.

But if you are looking for local fans here is what I do...
I hand out business cards, do local shows, and donate to lots of events. It isn't as fast as some of the online methods, but since I want local customers I am willing to take my time and get what I want in the end!
Sponsored Links