Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-12-2011, 11:44

Default Re: How do i get my bows to look like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabear74 View Post
This is a pretty decent video tut....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI5kl6lhDxE

What length did you cut your ribbon?
I am so confused...I thought the bow in that video was just a boutique bow. Are you saying that is a twisted bow?
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 10-12-2011, 11:48

yes, its called a twisted boutique bow
Old 10-13-2011, 12:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguilarai View Post
yes, its called a twisted boutique bow
Wow I feel really dumb lol! I thought this whole time I was making a boutique bow!
Old 10-13-2011, 12:21

bow making can be confusing..some people call it by one name while others use a different one lol...

EDee
Old 10-13-2011, 12:21

Yep. For a boutique bow you gotta bring 'em around town. On all those loops you want to get a good bit of roundness and you can hold them into place as you fold them to complete the bow. Then as you pull your bow back out at the end it will be loopy.
For a stacked bow you're doing okay to start. Just make sure you like how symmetrical they are/ how big your loops are when choosing your ribbon width.

Bows are never as easy as they look.. until one day you just get it:P
Old 10-13-2011, 12:42

Oh I agree. Everyone calls it something different but at least now I know I was making it all along! I've researched a lot and practiced a lot lol but I guess the sites I used had it listed as a "boutique" not a twisted and I keep seeing you ladies talk about the twisted bow & I was so curious lol

Thanks for straightening me out
Old 10-13-2011, 01:15

I know those bows. Kylie is a fellow Aussie bowmaker. I'm not sure if she ventures onto hipgirls much anymore. Her bows are lovely. My only advice to you is to watch lots of youtube tutorials and just practice practice practice. It takes time and lots of patience. You will get it eventually.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:56

I would highly recommend that you get the No Bow No Go TNT Top Notch Templates. I think they're a lifesaver for getting started Good luck. I love your Cinderella ribbon, btw!
Old 10-13-2011, 04:25

You were given great advice. I've been watching you tube videos and searching for tuts forever. But I watched a youtube video one day and it just clicked. I mean I've watched alot of videos.

There are different methods to making this bow. Hairhardware has a youtube page that shows how to make severals different style bows. They use the figure 8 method. I like the method from the video above. I've tried the freehand as well. But I always have slipage. But trust me it will click. This is my favorite bow and I had to learn how to make it!! HTH!

Mom to Kali & Sia
http://kalihunefer.blogspot.com/ - Our Miracle
Old 10-14-2011, 04:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholsWife View Post
I would highly recommend that you get the No Bow No Go TNT Top Notch Templates. I think they're a lifesaver for getting started Good luck. I love your Cinderella ribbon, btw!
I too love this cinderella ribbon...I just wish i could make the vision I have in my head for it!! I have been looking at these actually...do u think they are worth the $$?
Sponsored Links