New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-09-2011, 01:05

Default How to use Rhinestone buttons??

This is kind of embarrassing for me to ask. I have been in a bunch of buys for beautiful rhinestone buttons ( I have TONS now) but I have no idea how to use them. I mean, I know where I'd LIKE to use them, but I don't know how to get that loop thing off the back, or if it is even removable. Are they supposed to be sewn on? I just have no idea! Can anyone help? Thank you!

Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:09

Default Re: How to use Rhinestone buttons??

I use a pair of old small scissors and it breaks the backs off.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:14

You can get a shank remover from any craft store...at joanns they are $6.99 right by all the buttons.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:17

For the plastic ones, I use my wood burner. For the metal ones, I use a pair of fingernail clippers. Scissors don't work that well for me.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:21

These are great suggestions! I am going to try them right now. I have so many things just sitting because I was so intimidated by them! lol I just didn't know what to do. Thank you!!

Old 10-09-2011, 01:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
These are great suggestions! I am going to try them right now. I have so many things just sitting because I was so intimidated by them! lol I just didn't know what to do. Thank you!!
I ran out of my. Where did you get yours? I know someone sells them but I cannot remember her username.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherjdrake View Post
I ran out of my. Where did you get yours? I know someone sells them but I cannot remember her username.
I have them from several GB's by Just Daisy, and a ton from Ashley's button buy. She's doing another now if you need some. Here is the link: Victorian Button Buy.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:47

I just use a small pair of wire cutters and remove the back. That way they lay flat and look fabulous with a bit of extra fluff glued on the bottom of the feather pads.
Fran
Old 10-09-2011, 01:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
I have them from several GB's by Just Daisy, and a ton from Ashley's button buy. She's doing another now if you need some. Here is the link: Victorian Button Buy.
Thanks!!!!
Old 10-09-2011, 01:57

Someone just clued me in that Harbor Freight has cutter for $1.99!! I've been using jewelry cutter from Hobby Lobby but they were 40% off of $8.99. I'm going to check out the Harbor Freight ones! Scissors work, but don't give a flush cut back and dull the scissors.

Want to know what all the fuss is about? Join Bownanas on facebook. 1,300 members and growing!

I'll let you sleep with my husband before I give you my supplier information, so don't ask.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults