Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-09-2011, 09:07

Default Just a tip! Washing ribbon.

I wasn't sure where to post this, so this seemed like the best place. My last two shows have been dusty! Everything had a coating of dust on it at the end of the day.

I use white ribbons to hang bows from in my display and they were starting to look gray. I decided to try washing them. I took some warm water and regular dish soap and swished them around for a while. I squeezed out all the extra water and then threw them in the dryer on low temp for about 5 minutes. They came out perfect! They are shining white again and didn't shrink or wrinkle at all.

I am so glad I tried this. My display is going to look awesome again.

Wholesale site: http://www.zibbet.com/TheCraftCorner
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 10-09-2011, 09:49

Default Re: Just a tip! Washing ribbon.

thats what I do to my ribbon, I dont usually stick it in the dryer though, i just lay it out.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:10

And you can always iron it a little if it gets creases in it from wringing it out.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by frteach View Post
I wasn't sure where to post this, so this seemed like the best place. My last two shows have been dusty! Everything had a coating of dust on it at the end of the day.

I use white ribbons to hang bows from in my display and they were starting to look gray. I decided to try washing them. I took some warm water and regular dish soap and swished them around for a while. I squeezed out all the extra water and then threw them in the dryer on low temp for about 5 minutes. They came out perfect! They are shining white again and didn't shrink or wrinkle at all.

I am so glad I tried this. My display is going to look awesome again.
What kind of ribbons? When my daughter was little, I just tossed her grosgrain bows in the washer (cold wash) and air dried. Once she had shoved a curly (korker) bow into her pants pocket without me knowing it and it came out fine in the wash! I just had to separate the curls a bit. Sometimes I will get ribbon that is really stiff and I just machine wash and dry and it comes out nice and soft.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:41

thanks so much for the stories/info . . . bet you held your breath!

now you can truly market them as "wash & wear"
Old 10-09-2011, 01:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by barleymom View Post
What kind of ribbons? When my daughter was little, I just tossed her grosgrain bows in the washer (cold wash) and air dried. Once she had shoved a curly (korker) bow into her pants pocket without me knowing it and it came out fine in the wash! I just had to separate the curls a bit. Sometimes I will get ribbon that is really stiff and I just machine wash and dry and it comes out nice and soft.

Just regular grosgrain ribbon. I didn't try to wash bows or clips though. I didn't think that would help them at all. I just washed the ribbons I hang my displays from.

Wholesale site: http://www.zibbet.com/TheCraftCorner
Old 10-09-2011, 01:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by frteach View Post
Just regular grosgrain ribbon. I didn't try to wash bows or clips though. I didn't think that would help them at all. I just washed the ribbons I hang my displays from.
No, I wouldn't either if they were ones to sell. If they are just dusty, you can spray with canned air to clean them off, being extra careful if you have a delicate decoration on them. Canned air is also good for setting hot glue faster.
Sponsored Links