Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-10-2011, 05:18

Default Re: What do you use in between the bottle cap and the bow??

I like the wooden disks
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 10-10-2011, 06:05

Hot glue!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:12

I use E6000- this stuff rocks! I cut a piece of ribbon to wrap around the bow, place a line of E6000 across the back of the cap, lay the ribbon in and smoosh. I turn it over and make sure the ribbon is centered right and lay it down to dry. When it's dry, I glue the ribbon around the bow/clip. The E6000 takes a long time to dry, so I usually do this the night before I'm making bows hth
Old 10-10-2011, 09:17

i think the ones i use are the little furniture pads. they are the little felt circles; i get them at the dollar store-theyre the perfect size for bottlecaps
Old 10-10-2011, 11:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguilarai View Post
i think the ones i use are the little furniture pads. they are the little felt circles; i get them at the dollar store-theyre the perfect size for bottlecaps
This is what i use also from the $ store!
Old 10-11-2011, 11:27

For bows, I will first glue the center ribbon into the cap, then glue the wooden disk on top of the ribbon. Let it dry then attach the bow. If I dont have wooden disks I will use a button. Ive never put bottlecaps on flowers but when I use a fabric button I glue it straight on the flower with nothing on it.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabear74 View Post
For bows I don't usually anything extra, I just make sure I use a decent sized center knot. I put hot glue in the center and E6000 around it, then attach the cap. If I am putting it on something flat, then I buy some of the inch wooden disks. Eventhough they are 1 inch they fit inside of the cap perfectly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguilarai View Post
I do both of these... If I run out of the furniture things I'll just use a plain button hot glue it in the cap just to fill it in and then glue it on the flower.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:45

I use unwanted buttons to fill the gap. Just hot glue them in.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
I do both of these... If I run out of the furniture things I'll just use a plain button hot glue it in the cap just to fill it in and then glue it on the flower.

Same here i use the furniture felts also , i you have a Dollar tree store ,
i get them for $1.00
Old 10-11-2011, 12:02

I have used several things.
I used to do the hot glue thing where you just fill up the cap with glue, but they do seem to mostly fall off eventually.
What I like best is the felt furniture pads. They fill the back of the cap perfectly and it also looks very neat especially if you're putting the cap on a clippie where part of it will show. (looks more professional to the customer i think.)

i have also used the covered buttons when that's convenient as well as craft foam, and also just glued straight onto a large center knot like someone else had said.

Any of these ways will work just fine, it just depends on what you come to prefer, but I think the key is definitely the E6000 glue. I use it for everything and it the best. The down side is the long drying time, but nothing will ever fall off!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg