New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-03-2011, 03:41

Default Share for those starting out!

"Nobody tells this to people who are beginners, I wish someone told me. All of us who do creative work, we get into it because we have good taste. But there is this gap. For the first couple years you make stuff, itís just not that good. Itís trying to be good, it has potential, but itís not. But your taste, the thing that got you into the game, is still killer. And your taste is why your work disappoints you. A lot of people never get past this phase, they quit. Most people I know who do interesting, creative work went through years of this. We know our work doesnít have this special thing that we want it to have. We all go through this. And if you are just starting out or you are still in this phase, you gotta know its normal and the most important thing you can do is do a lot of work. Put yourself on a deadline so that every week you will finish one story. It is only by going through a volume of work that you will close that gap, and your work will be as good as your ambitions. And I took longer to figure out how to do this than anyone Iíve ever met. Itís gonna take awhile. Itís normal to take awhile. Youíve just gotta fight your way through."
ó Ira Glass

I copied and pasted from this site
http://drewvigal.tumblr.com/post/497...re-beginners-i

A friend sent this to me, I thought she was insulting my work, she thought she was complimenting me.

I am going to print this and frame it in my work area so I can see it every time I get frustrated that something isn't working out the way I want it to. (it will be next to my award from Jamie!)
Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2011, 03:47

Default Re: Share for those starting out!

it is great and soooo true.......
Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-03-2011, 03:51

So true!
Old 10-03-2011, 03:57

Location: I live in the beautiful hills of Pocahontas County, WV.

Amen !!
Old 10-03-2011, 04:00

So true! I would add too for us that it is our killer color sense, creative side, flair and all those other un-nameable qualities we have in spades that get us through the tough beginnings.

Wholesale site: http://www.zibbet.com/TheCraftCorner
Old 10-03-2011, 06:35

Wow~ what great words!
I really like them...I might put up parts of it too
thanks for sharing!!
Old 10-03-2011, 07:17

Love this!!! So True!
Old 10-04-2011, 06:17

thanks for sharing that!
Old 10-04-2011, 07:54

OMG, I've been feeling this way for a long time and I've been thinking of giving up on bow making. It's like you were talking to me It's been a down side in my life. I make and make and make hair bows and they don't sell but I want to keep making them mainly because it's like a job. I sit at my table for hours creating things hoping they will sell. I'm becoming a hair bow hoarder. They are all over my living room. I try to stay positive and patient that it will pick up. Thanks so much for posting that. I feel a little better now.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:21

Very true!!!
Sponsored Links