new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-20-2011, 09:17

Default Bows at Zulily

I am still new at making bows and I keep practicing and practicing, trying to get the perfect bows. Lately, I have been checking on Zulily accessories. They pick new accessories designers everyday and the bows they sell are marked very high and some are far from perfection.

Here is the link for you guys to see what I am talking about. This is just an example of what they post everyday.

http://www.zulily.com/e/haircandy-092011.html?pos=16
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 09-20-2011, 09:22

Default Re: Bows at Zulily

I know I check out Zulily all the time. Most of the items you linked look as though they are from Halo Heaven and China
Old 09-20-2011, 09:42

It's strange how they have REALLY good deals on some stuff, and then charge way too much for stuff like bows.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:12

I saw these a couple of weeks ago and thought the same thing. It's kinda crazy, but there are probably people out there who don't know any better than to expect that type of quality. I did my first (very small) craft show a couple weeks ago and can't believe how many people have never seen a korker bow before.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:32

But, think about the financial aspect. You figure that the supplier needs to make money and Zulilly needs to make money. I think a lot of times there are resellers on there that can afford to give Zulilly a cut because they are already marking things up significantly and there is no work involved. I am just not a fan of what I see on there most times. Even the crappy bows are marked up so everyone can make money.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:09

It caught my attention that mostly when they have bows with surrounded loops or spikes, the loops and spikes look uneven or crooked. I have problems trying to get perfect bows and Zulily does not care about how they look.... I guess.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:18

It looks like the shop shipped Zulliy the bows in a box and Z just took them out of the box and snapped a pic of the smashed bow.
I do agree most of the bows they post are total China crap.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:16

Agreed - and Zulily were interested in my tutu-dresses, but not worth it, they want 50% off my already rock bottom price!
Maybe as a marketing avenue, but seems like too much work for my little hands!!
Old 09-22-2011, 12:24

Half of what they're selling comes from Halo Heaven. Those are Halo Heaven wings that all cost less than $2 a pair. I sell them as well but I don't charge $8.99 for them. I want to make a profit, not rip people off.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:55

I recognize most of those stacked bows from a GB, too. It definitely looks like they came out of a box and went up on the site. A lot of them are sold out, too! It's crazy what people will pay for.