Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE!

Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/)
-   How to make... (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/)
-   -   Sizzix BIGkick or Big Shot and Sizzix Bigz Die, 3-D Flowers (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/96472-sizzix-bigkick-big-shot-sizzix-bigz-die-3-d-flowers.html)

ElnaDesigns 09-18-2011 02:53

Sizzix BIGkick or Big Shot and Sizzix Bigz Die, 3-D Flowers

Hi,

This is going to be my first time buying a die cut machine :)
I have no idea which one to buy or the differences between these:
Sizzix Big Shot Machine AND Sizzix BIGkick Machine
They have the same price $99.99, 40% off (sale) and I have an extra 15% off coupon.

I'm also looking to buy Sixxiz Bigz Die, 3-D flowers
Item #656545
Regular Price: $19.99
The problem is......I couldn't find it anywhere/ out of stock. I missed the Sizzix buy. Anyone knows where to buy this die cut? Thank you :)

-Natalia

chippychick 09-18-2011 05:08

Re: Sizzix BIGkick or Big Shot and Sizzix Bigz Die, 3-D Flowers

I am sure I saw the die but at I think it was Michaels or Hobby Lobby yesterday.. I was wondering myselft if you could use this one on the cuttlebug. Do people have good luck with this 3D disc?

alyxia 09-18-2011 06:38

I can't comment on the BigKick, as I've never had one...but I have a Big Shot.

It was the first manual die cut machine I purchased, and I LOVE it. I bought it mainly for embossing, but have started to use it a little more for cutting.

I searched online, and mechanically, it appears that both machines are the same. The differences appear to be cosmetic. I do have the cool pink and black one :)

avajo123 09-18-2011 06:45

You can buy that die at hobby lobby because I bought one there yesterday. However , they must be popular as I bought the last one they had. It was 19.95 but I had a 40% coupon so it was 13 something....yea! I was a bit dissapointed it wouldn't fit my sizzix machine. I don't know what mine is called....its big , red , heavy , with a lever handle. I paid 5 bucks for it and a set of alpha dies at a yard sale. The 3-D die DOES fit my cuttlebug though , so all is good!

evangirl 09-18-2011 07:23

Cuttlebugand sizzix are very much the same as far as cutting. I do like sizzix has alot more dies.

Get a big shot

ElnaDesigns 09-18-2011 08:11

Thanks everyone :) There's no hobby lobby nearby but I can ask one of my friend at another state to buy it for me.

@Avajo123; I guess I've just bought the same die cut machine you have. Mine is Sizzix BIGkick Machine Only (Red and White)
Item #654425
This is the one I bought:
http://www.sizzix.com/product/654425...only-red-white

Is it the same die cut machine as yours? Please let me know. If yes, I maybe have to return it to Michaels. I just bought it today and have not opened it yet.

-Natalia

ronnie 09-18-2011 08:28

I really really love my original sizzix. I have not used it in awhile but need to pull it out and start playing with die cuts again.

Pirate_Smiles 09-18-2011 08:55

The Big Shot and Big Kick are essentially the same. Only cosmetic differences :smile: I have a Big Shot and love it!

blondie 09-18-2011 09:27

i have a big shot and that die works perfectly in mine! mine is blue/black

avajo123 09-18-2011 10:23

No yours is not the same as mine. Yours does look wider and mine is solid red. The only reason the die wouldn't go through mine is the die was just a little too wide. I think mine may be the original, but not sure.