http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-18-2011, 01:33

Default Re: Suppliers?

I agree that the way it is worded may come across as intrusive..
Your so right when you say that not everyone knows all the terminology. That being said, it would be nice if the more senior members had some patience and maybe clarified more what someone is specifically looking for instead of assuming they are asking for contact info to their supplier in china? Or as others have suggested, just not say anything.

When I first started out I thought of suppliers as the wholesalers you bought from and didnt get why people were so upset. Maybe others have made the same mistake?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2011, 02:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily_em View Post
I agree that the way it is worded may come across as intrusive..
Your so right when you say that not everyone knows all the terminology. That being said, it would be nice if the more senior members had some patience and maybe clarified more what someone is specifically looking for instead of assuming they are asking for contact info to their supplier in china? Or as others have suggested, just not say anything.

When I first started out I thought of suppliers as the wholesalers you bought from and didnt get why people were so upset. Maybe others have made the same mistake?
Come to think of it.....when I first started out a supplier to me was a wholesaler. I had no idea about purchasing from China or group buys. Those came shortly later. I never asked for a supplier because I just bought instructions that listed supplier names.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:29

Its funny to read these threads because you learn so much even as a senior member, and I'm even still just getting started.

When I first started making bows my supplier was hobby lobby, then I moved on to finding other places. But till this day I still check them out for new things. I was still going there for tulle until just recently when I google searched "wholesale tulle" and found a few places. And even then it took me over an hour to decide if I wanted to use the company.

I've learned so much by just reading threads on here and trying to do everything myself. I love crafts and I'm still dead set on doing everything I can on my own.

I think people just get upset when new people come looking for direct info when most of us started out doing it ourselves and building to where we are now.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:45

For ribbon I would not go with hobby lobby or micheals they are over priced! I wasted so much money there. So just do group buys or look on google.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:48

If you want a good deal on ribbon I buy a lot of solids at http://unitedcraftus.com/ its free to sign up for an account then you can see the prices I think it's a $50 minimum, some people don't like the ribbon because it's more flimsy but I like it because of that. I just starch my bows after I make them. I guess it might help to specify the supplies that you are a looking for and there are a lot of really great ladies that do wholesale a lot of quality products at a lot better prices than hl, michaels or any of the other chains.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:48

I, personally, think HL's ribbon is crap. I don't think I've ever purchased a roll of solid color ribbon that was worth a toot. Some of the patterns are ok.

Just my .02
Old 09-20-2011, 10:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomsandbows View Post
I, personally, think HL's ribbon is crap. I don't think I've ever purchased a roll of solid color ribbon that was worth a toot. Some of the patterns are ok.

Just my .02
Totally agree with this statement! IF they even have a solid ribbon it sucks. Their prints are ok, but I still like the thicker ribbon at rabom or I get lots of my solids at ribbonplace.com she out of Dallas area and shipping is super fast to me and great customer service. She doesn't have very many prints on her site, which is why I mostly get solids from her, but anything i've asked for she's had as far as swiss dots, zebra...
Old 09-20-2011, 11:10

I feel like HL took polyester pants from the 70's and sliced it up and called it ribbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
Totally agree with this statement! IF they even have a solid ribbon it sucks. Their prints are ok, but I still like the thicker ribbon at rabom or I get lots of my solids at ribbonplace.com she out of Dallas area and shipping is super fast to me and great customer service. She doesn't have very many prints on her site, which is why I mostly get solids from her, but anything i've asked for she's had as far as swiss dots, zebra...
Old 09-20-2011, 11:13

I agree their solid ribbon is nothing I would use...IF you can even find it (and would not use their cut-to-lenght ribbon even if I was desperate), but if you need just a small quanity of printed ribbon, or thin ribbon for accents, its is great, as long as its on sale!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomsandbows View Post

Just my .02
Old 09-20-2011, 12:51

Yeah it's great, if they ever unpack it! Every time I go it's sitting in carts and in boxes. It takes them about a week to have everything out and by than another truck load is already there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzy teez View Post
I agree their solid ribbon is nothing I would use...IF you can even find it (and would not use their cut-to-lenght ribbon even if I was desperate), but if you need just a small quanity of printed ribbon, or thin ribbon for accents, its is great, as long as its on sale!!!

Boutique It Up
https://www.facebook.com/groups/387555291278866/ Secret group now, message me to join!!
Sponsored Links