key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-28-2011, 03:42

Default Re: Clip in feather extensions

Th's kind of dumb that they say u need a licence in some states...especially when they sell all the tools at sally beauty supply where any person can buy them. and honestly, who cares lol....it's not like you're gonna get "fined" for putting it in someone's hair. It's up to that person if they want a "non cosmetologist" to put it in their hair. And use a crimp bead. Looks much better and it's super easy. i use these. and u can take it out of the hair in about 2 seconds. u just uncrimp it
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 10-28-2011, 04:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBeth View Post
Th's kind of dumb that they say u need a licence in some states...especially when they sell all the tools at sally beauty supply where any person can buy them. and honestly, who cares lol....it's not like you're gonna get "fined" for putting it in someone's hair. It's up to that person if they want a "non cosmetologist" to put it in their hair. And use a crimp bead. Looks much better and it's super easy. i use these. and u can take it out of the hair in about 2 seconds. u just uncrimp it
If a license is required and you get caught without one, you could get fined, depending on what state you live in. It's not a risk I want to take lol

Boutique It Up
https://www.facebook.com/groups/387555291278866/ Secret group now, message me to join!!

Last edited by *Erika*; 10-28-2011 at 04:49.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:55

How is that possible?? I've done it in my friends hair just sittin around at my house being bored...so ur saying that if you put one in at a craft fair or something, and don't have a posted cosmetology license up, a cop could walk over and fine you?
Old 10-29-2011, 11:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBeth View Post
How is that possible?? I've done it in my friends hair just sittin around at my house being bored...
Everything changes when money is exchanged. The second that happens, it becomes a business transaction and you become a professional. THEN you need a license.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdana1105 View Post
I'm really wanting to do some of these for a show coming up. I would be making them on clips from the feathers, maybe even using the crimp breads? I've google'd how to make feather extensions and hair extensions and I'm not really seeing a method I love. Has anyone done this? Any tips?
I use snap clips and really thin what I call "Indian" Cord. I buy the cord at michaels with my coupon for like 2$ and I can get about 20 or so extensions out of it. The nice thing is that on the card it comes on it has 4 different colors, that blend nicely with hair so you really can't tell that they are clip-ins. I then use pony beads that coordinate with the feather colors to help hold the feathers in place. I usually use just a drop of hot glue to secure it all together. They turn out real cute and depending where I'm doing a show they either sell out or don't sell at all. HTH
Old 02-12-2012, 04:56

I just bought a bunch at the 99 cent store, If you like to see a pic. let me know
Old 02-13-2012, 08:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by my6girlz View Post
I just bought a bunch at the 99 cent store, If you like to see a pic. let me know
I would love to see them...I'm all about saving time
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies