New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-21-2011, 12:08

Default Re: How did you learn to make Bows?

I started making bows for my girls about a year and a half ago. Was just making them for fun. Then I had freinds wanting to buy. I started a facebook page and started selling them on there. I sell here and there. I do have some repeat customers that buy from me a couple times a month. I don't really advertise. Basically just word of mouth. I am hoping to turn it into a business. My 2 oldest girls want to help out too. Currently most of my sales come from the wholesale on partially lined clips.
Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2011, 01:34

Talking Re: How did you learn to make Bows?

for me is a hobby i dont feel like they are amazing just yet but i have 3 nieces and 1 daughter and i remember a was in walmart buying few hairbows for my daughter and when I saw them I said to myself I can do this!! and so I started ... But i think i need more practice everybody love them but i still thinking they are not good enough
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1456.jpg (46.1 KB, 47 views)
Old 09-21-2011, 03:09

Talking Re: How did you learn to make Bows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grisy View Post
for me is a hobby i dont feel like they are amazing just yet but i have 3 nieces and 1 daughter and i remember a was in walmart buying few hairbows for my daughter and when I saw them I said to myself I can do this!! and so I started ... But i think i need more practice everybody love them but i still thinking they are not good enough

Well, The thing about hair bows are they aren't perfect!!! I don't make perfect bows, No one does!! I think that even trying something is enough to say that ' Hey, I tried it but it's not the best thing I am good at. I'll find something else eventually.' Atleast you are trying! You will get better! Nobody is perfect!!

Good luck to all people trying to start businesses!
((((((((((((((((:
Old 09-21-2011, 10:09

Years ago I worked part time for a gift shoppe while I taught. Our signature packaging was a shiny white box with a puffy bow on the top. A fancy gold sticker was also used. The owner showed us how to make a simple figure 8 loop that looked nice too and I usually did that as I was intimidated by the puffy one. I kept working at it and finally could whip them out like a pro.

When I adopted my girls, I dusted off my skills and started learning new techniques....haven't stopped yet!
Old 09-22-2011, 12:12

mine is because my husband to let try for another girl. So, I needed to get my girly stuff on somehow lol..So i just started making them as gifts. I have never sold one, although people ask. I just like doing it because it helps me relax..

EDee
Old 09-23-2011, 01:51

I started making bows and flower clips when I found out I was having a baby girl...I have gone completely overboard and am hoping I can start selling some! Thinking about signing up for a craft show this fall to try to jump start selling!
Old 09-23-2011, 11:28

This site! Lol
Old 09-23-2011, 05:20

I had made a few very crappy ones for DD by hand when she was about 9 months old. I then was at Michales and found a mini Bowdabra that was marked wrong, instead of $9.99 it was marked $.99 so I got it for just over a dollar and made a few more bows that way but it still wasnt what I wanted from making bows. I got online and discovered HG and from there on Ive just been going and going. It became business for me because I just always wanted to own my own store or my own business and had imagined it would be doing stuff with knitting and crocheting but when I really took off with bows it changed directions. Of course I still do a lot with knitting and crocheting but its not my main focus right now.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:47

I started making hair clips when I found out I was having a baby girl but she will not wear them. I try to stick them in her hair to take pics and she pulls them right out. I really just do it for fun but they sell better than my Country/Prim decor does.

Jen
Old 09-25-2011, 11:52

I started making bows for my two grand daughters and occasionally now I will make them for a friend. I found most of my instructions free online. It is wonderful to see so many people willing to share their talents and knowledge.
Sponsored Links