New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-12-2011, 09:59

Default Okay fellows crafters...I have a paint question : )

I want to make some of these ornamets to sell along with my hairbows at a Christmas Bazaar this year. What type of paint do you think this is. I have been wanting to do these for a long long while but I cant figure out what type of paint to use.

I really think they would be a hit! I want to do initials ones mostly : )

Here is the link! TIA

http://www.etsy.com/listing/81058523...istmas-present
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2011, 11:38

Default Re: Okay fellows crafters...I have a paint question : )

Paint Pens?

Joanne
Old 09-13-2011, 01:55

I think regular acrylic paint would be just fine. I would spray it with a clear top coat to seal everything in. And give it a little gloss and shine if you want

Good luck! Those are super cute!
Old 09-13-2011, 08:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate_Smiles View Post
I think regular acrylic paint would be just fine. I would spray it with a clear top coat to seal everything in. And give it a little gloss and shine if you want

Good luck! Those are super cute!
if one does choose to use acrylic paint . . . try adding latex s/gloss polyurethane to your paint . . . does 2 jobs in 1 . . . if you want

the squiggles, etc. are a paint pen imo . . . unless one is really/super good w/paint brush!
Old 09-13-2011, 04:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by prleaf View Post
if one does choose to use acrylic paint . . . try adding latex s/gloss polyurethane to your paint . . . does 2 jobs in 1 . . . if you want

the squiggles, etc. are a paint pen imo . . . unless one is really/super good w/paint brush!
Great tip! The one thing I don't like about acrylics is the flatness of the finish. I like a nice glossy finish.....thanks!

Joanne
Old 09-13-2011, 04:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by prleaf View Post

Great tip! I didn't know that Looks like a paint pen to me too. Doesn't look like brush strokes, more like felt tip strokes.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:38

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was looking at hobby lobby at an Americana brand paint (not sure if it is acrylic or not, it didnt say it was). But it had a writing tip on the end. I might try that, bc I dont think it will be too pretty if I try to free hand it with a brush LOL. : )
Old 09-13-2011, 08:23

In the materials used section it says she uses acrylic paint. I'm thinking it is a paint pen too.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyH67 View Post
In the materials used section it says she uses acrylic paint. I'm thinking it is a paint pen too.
I did notice that, but I have looked at Hobby Lobby for acrylic paint pens and cant find one. I asked and they showed me the enamal paint pens.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate_Smiles View Post
Great tip! I didn't know that Looks like a paint pen to me too. Doesn't look like brush strokes, more like felt tip strokes.
y/welcome (and jhall52 also) and one more painting tip . . . at h/depot pick up some floetrol - it makes your paint go on like satin. i've been adding this stuff to paint for years & what a difference - no brush strokes! although it does add to the drying time.

http://www.flood.com/paint-additive-...p?productId=12
Sponsored Links