New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-09-2011, 03:56

Default What is wrong with my bows?

I know the spikes of some bows looks "off" in some pictures and some pictures aren't the best shots. They really do look better in person. When I started supplying my shop I was still new at making bows, so I do know what is wrong with them but I have not removed them because someone favored it.

I am not using any templates to make my bows and everyday I learn something new or find new instructions. The thing is that I have seen shops on Etsy with pictures from beginners and they have more sales than me. I only had one single sale! I will take any advice.

Last edited by LizAnnsbows; 05-20-2012 at 08:11.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:15

Default Re: What is wrong with my bows?

they look inverted.. use the search engine and search figure 8 method. hope that helps.
marcie
Old 09-09-2011, 04:27

My suggestion would be to take more pictures from different angles and use all your tags. also look closely at all your listings- I found quite a few grammatical/spelling errors...personally I won't buy from shops that don't seem to take the time on that because it gives the impression that they won't take the time with other details... (also I would not list the ribbon as "gross" it should always be grosgrain or just leave it at "high quality ribbon"
Old 09-09-2011, 04:31

You are competing with a lot of sellers, so you need to stand out. That means having a shop that catches the person on the other end of the screen. We can't touch the item, feel the item. So clear photos is a must.

Also if I go to a shop and they only have a handful of items I usually leave unless its a very unique item. Why? well because I want to save on shipping. So get more items listed.

This will also get you more noticed.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:09

try doing promotional items buy 3 get 1 free deals might just brake the ice... GOOD LUCKgooooo BOW making mamas
Old 09-09-2011, 07:46

I went to check all the grammar and spelling errors I had. When I first listed I copied a lot of my listings information, so the ERRORS were repeated.

English is my second language so I always try to spell check, but Etsy does not have a spell check program. I also desactivated all the "inverted" bows I made when I started listing. But still, I need to work on my techniques and pictures. I already invested a lot of money in materials, so I can't give up and also don't want to invest in a template or photo shop program until I see some success.

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2011, 08:23

I, too, have had very bad luck with etsy... I have read every suggestion and tried every one of them with no success. I have only had 3 sales in a matter of 6+ mos. I have a few listings left, and when they expire I will not be renewing them. I figured I could spend those couple dollars a month on cute ribbons instead of throwing them away on etsy fees. I have found much more success with facebook and networking there. Good luck, and if you find the key to success let me know
Old 09-09-2011, 08:47

I like to buy from etsy sellers who have lots of items. I'm not sure why but it attracts me to stay longer on their etsy page.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookshomemadegoods View Post
I like to buy from etsy sellers who have lots of items. I'm not sure why but it attracts me to stay longer on their etsy page.
I am working on stocking my shop, but as I metioned I am trying to work on my techniques. Also, I don't want to be a copycat or just fill it up. It will take some time. My goal is to have at least 100 items by christmas.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:24

I think you should try and find something unique to make you stand out. Not all bow makers need to fit the same cookie cutter form you know? Usually if something looks uneven/loopsided in a picture it is, I've made plenty of bows in my time that I thought looked great until I take the pictures.

One tip I have unless I am selling clippies I don't put a back on the bow before I take a picture, it helps it lay flat plus gives you the option to use a different clip/barrette if requested.

PICTURES PICTURE PICTURES are sooo important when someone is buying something online. Like Cubetta said they cant touch it and feel.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg