New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-01-2011, 11:24

Default Re: How to make a headband?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiR View Post
I am looking to make headbands and need help. What do I use for the actual headband? I have heard of skinny elastic, double ruffle something?

Just need some help getting started. Thanks
Your was confusing so I thought you were kidding. I apologize I misunderstood. I love Fold Over Elastic.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 09-01-2011, 11:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyschmancybyjeni View Post
Your was confusing so I thought you were kidding. I apologize I misunderstood. I love Fold Over Elastic.
OMG I read it the same way.

Blondie and ejbryant have a facebook site where they wholesale FOE and Elastic LACE

https://www.facebook.com/#!/FinerNecessities

I think others destash and sell a little cheaper, but they have a pretty good selection. I have also found elastic lace on ebay.

All of my tutorials are now available through my etsy store.

Check out my Tutorial Album on Picasa.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:56

I can't lie, when I first read this post, the first thing that came to my mind was this was an innocent question (which was true) but once I saw Senior Member under your name, I thought someone trying to make a mockery of others who have "burned their biscuits" in the past. I'm sorry It's actually very nice to hear someone who is successful still have to ask a genuine question every now and then...With headbands, if I can sew the ends and if the whatever fabric I'm using will allow me to, I take the ends of the material, overlap and glue them on top of eachother by about 1/2, horizontally. Then take a scrap/matching color ribbon a wrap that around vertically, of the ends you just glued. That way, you can either glue is loose enough to allow the HB to be interchangeable with a loop, and/or it bunches up the center (some prefer this look) and it covers the not so appealing ends that are glued.. Oh, and I prefer FOE elastic or nylon HTH
Old 09-19-2011, 10:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckenjs View Post
OMG I read it the same way.

Blondie and ejbryant have a facebook site where they wholesale FOE and Elastic LACE

https://www.facebook.com/#!/FinerNecessities

I think others destash and sell a little cheaper, but they have a pretty good selection. I have also found elastic lace on ebay.
Janet thank you so much for recommending us - we really appreciate it. we have fold over elastic, skinny elastic and stretch lace - all are perfect for headbands - if u have any questions feel free to pm me we hope to serve u

If we've done business please leave feedback!!
Thank you!

Mommy to 5 precious babies.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:07

Hi! I love making interchangeable elastic headbands (made with fold over elastic). They have served me the best. Here are the instructions:

Cut a piece of elastic (whatever size you need it) generally if you have the head size subtract an inch since it is so stretchy. Here is the general size chart I use.
Sizes:
Newborn to 3 months - 13.0"
3 to 6 months -14.0"
6 to 12 months -15.0"
12 months to 3 years -16"
3 years to teen- 17"
Adult -18"
Then you can either sew or hot glue the ends together (a little overlapping).
Cut another piece of elastic (typically the same color) 1 1/2" long. This piece will go around the seam of your headband and is what makes it "interchangeable". Hot glue the ends of the piece around the seam on the inside of your headband.

I sell both wholesale elastic and interchangeable headbands in my etsy shop www.etsy.com/shop/BizeeB
I am also running a promo that if yo like Bizee B Boutique on facebook you get a code for 10% off in my shop as well as the 75th and 150th fan get a free item. Hope this helps!
Miranda
Bizee B Boutique
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.