Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-25-2008, 07:04

Default Ribbon Pony O

HELLO

CAN U GIVE ME IDEAS FOR MAKING Ribbon Pony O...........

IF U HAVE THE PHOTOS OF THE STEPS, PLEASE ADD

THANKS

Old 05-25-2008, 07:41

Default Re: Ribbon Pony O

I've made several here recently. In fact I had an order for 3 of them each had 10 ribbons apiece different types and I sold them for $7.00 each. First I measure my ribbon. These last ones were made for preschool (4-5 yr olds) children so I cut the ribbon 17 inches I think. I made my "V" cuts and sealed the ribbon. I arranged them how I wanted and thread my needle. I pick up the ribbon stack and fold in half. I find the crease and sew a few stitches through the stack in the center. I get my rubberband, place in center, fold ribbon over it and sew a few stitches. Be careful not to have the rubberband covered with too much ribbon because you want it to lay like it should, you want the ribbon to be able to hang nicely. After sewing a few stitches , I unthread my needle and wrap the thread around over the ribbons, and back through the rubberband several times pulling tightly. I then rethread my needle while holding the pony o and tie off my knot to secure. I use button thread some girls use upolstery thread. I cover the center with ribbon and viola it's a pony o. HTH. Sorry no pics. I make this cool stuff and sell it before I ever get pictures. LOL I think I can try to find one I made for my dd Charli and I'll post a picture later today.

Kimmi! Find LSB on Facebook

Last edited by Charlismommy; 05-25-2008 at 07:48.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:42

I have made ones with ballet shoe ribbon that included varying shades of pink, different textured ribbon and such. I have also done them using sports team colors. The ideas are endless.

Last edited by Charlismommy; 05-25-2008 at 07:49.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:45

wow, thank you for your clear steps...........it is more than easy...........i will make them soon...
Old 05-25-2008, 07:50

oh i found this link too

Free Pony Tail Streamers Hair Bow Instructions: loopy bubble bows hairbows, free directions
Old 05-25-2008, 07:52

They are pretty easy but a little time consuming the more ribbon you use. There is a lot of ribbon involved and believe it or not I haven't had a problem selling them.

Old 05-25-2008, 03:01

I have made them that way (the link) as well. Whatever works best for you. Happy pony making

Old 05-26-2008, 11:08

I am so happy you posted this one. I was struggling to make them look right too. I didn't sew mine. Maybe I can try this.
Sherry
Old 05-27-2008, 12:25

There are some instructions for the Pony O Streamers on the freehairbows yahoo group.

The file name is Sew Cute Bow Instructions.pdf There are some bow instructions and toward the bottom are the pony o streamer instructions. They are easy instructions. She says they are free instructions and can be shared with friends.

Lots of other instructions too.

That's what helped me with my first Pony O that I just posted.

Regina
Old 05-27-2008, 12:31

I have the instructions and her e-mail if someone would like to contact her about posting the instructions in the tutorial section.

Regina
Sponsored Links