key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-26-2011, 10:46

Default I have gone felt clippie crazy!!

The problem is I just do not know how to cover the snap clips in felt. Does anyone know of the best tutorial to do so? I was going to put some of them on Ali clips but there are some that I feel should be on the felt snappies. I just cannot get it right! Please help! lol
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2011, 10:50

Default Re: I have gone felt clippie crazy!!

didn't you receive a set of instructions with the embroidery designs when you purchased them? if not, my recommendation would be to purchase a design or two (or more) from gg designs - i know for a fact ALL of her designs come with instructions. HTH!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:54

I didn't purchase any instructions or anything. My step mom had showed me some felt clips that she bought at a craft show and wanted to know if I could make all these designs. I have made everything I just have not made the clips cause for some reason I cannot get them right. I am sewing on a regular sewing machine if that helps.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:01

I can make embroidered felt covers on my machine. Message me if you are interested
Old 08-26-2011, 11:18

oh i get it! i'm such a dummy. i read your op wrong. i have never made them on a regular machine, but i maybe if you traced around the clip, then added a 1/4 in seam allowance? you could use a zigzag stitch or a decorative stitch or something. what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhopkins7998 View Post
I didn't purchase any instructions or anything. My step mom had showed me some felt clips that she bought at a craft show and wanted to know if I could make all these designs. I have made everything I just have not made the clips cause for some reason I cannot get them right. I am sewing on a regular sewing machine if that helps.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:09

Well I think I figured it out. I have a machine with like a million stitches on it. It has all the embroidery stitches on it, it is just not a computerized one or anything. I used the stitch that makes those dots and then a straight stitch for some others. T I think my problem at first was not giving enough room for the clip or giving too much room! Plus I was trying to hurry and that does not make a good combo lol If I end up wanting to sell them I think I will definately buy them pre made! They are not my cup of tea haha
Old 08-26-2011, 02:46

seriously! some of the newer machines have a million stitches built in, LOL! i have an 11 year old sewing machine and it has at least 50 decorative stitches. i don't use it anymore, except to do a straight stitch, LOL.

would LOVE to see pics of the clippies you made with your sewing machine, as opposed to the ones we make on the embroidery machines!!
Old 08-26-2011, 03:09

I would also love to see some pix! It sounds really cute!
Old 08-31-2011, 01:21

I have a brother project runway computerized machine. I will be posting pics probably by this weekend. Work has been kinda busy but I like how they came out
Old 09-07-2011, 12:27

I'd love to see pics aswell. I love the felt clippies, there are so many possibilities! I just attempted to make felt flowers, they turned out alright...just something else to work at
Sponsored Links