Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-25-2011, 08:32

Default Can I remove hot glue from organza somehow????

I got a spot of hot glue on an AR organza flower and I"m so mad at myself! The spot is small (maybe half the size of my pinky nail) and the flower is light pink, but it looks cloudy...it's flat (not raised like a lump. Any idea how to get it off?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2011, 06:50

Default Re: Can I remove hot glue from organza somehow????

Bummer -- I've not found a great way to get glue off, except with tweezers, and that's really hit-and-miss. I've tried re-heating it back up with my woodburning tool, but that also hasn't worked well.

Deanna
www.birdsonbows.etsy.com
Old 08-25-2011, 07:16

What I do is heat the glue back up with the hot glue tip, and get a knife or sizzors or just use your fingers if your brave enough lol. And scrape it off. It may leave a mark but at least you don't have A big bump!
Old 08-25-2011, 08:03

Try wiping the area with nail polish remover (it must contain acetone though) let it dry for a few seconds, then hopefully you can scrape it off with your fingernail or tweezers. Hope it works!!
Old 08-25-2011, 08:12

Thanks! I tried the rubbing alcohol but I'll try the nail polish remover. The thing is, it isn't just sitting on top in a lump or even a glaze...it seems like it fused into the organza. It's barely noticeable, so I will probably just keep it for my girls.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:00

put it in the freezer for a while then you should be able to just peel the hot glue off
Old 08-26-2011, 09:12

The freezer! What an awesome suggestion...I'll have to test that!

Deanna
www.birdsongbows.etsy.com
Old 08-26-2011, 01:13

THE NAIL POLISH REMOVER TOTALLY WORKED!!!!!! You can't even tell!!!! I didn't think the freezer would work b/c it was in the organza not on top of it. I used a q-tip and it did the trick with some rubbing. I just had to be careful to to stretch and skew the petal or fray the ends. THANKS!!!!!!! I can sell it now!
Old 08-27-2011, 06:03

Glad to know it worked for you!! When I first started making bows that would have to have been the best tip I ever learnt and I'm afraid to admit I use it every single day just about!!
Old 08-28-2011, 12:16

I am going to try to store this little bit of knowledge in my head somehow. I am always getting a drop of glue on things and then having to toss out the whole thing because I can't get it off! Thanks for sharing the nail polish remover tip! Does it work with other surfaces like grosgrain ribbon?
Sponsored Links