printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-23-2011, 10:34

Default Cutting and sealing ribbon with a woodburner

Hi Everyone! I keep seeing how people cut and seal their ribbons with a woodburner. I'm doing it with a lighter still. Is there a certain kind of woodburner you need and do you need a certain tip with it?? Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 08-23-2011, 11:37

Default Re: Cutting and sealing ribbon with a woodburner

I just have abasic woodburner from HL, and I use the pointy tip. I actually prefer my lighter, unless I'm doing korkers.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:02

I have a cheap 10 dollar ish one from walmart... I use the kind of wedge looking one and I LOVE it!
Old 08-23-2011, 12:53

I like to use the slanted tip with mine. it makes a nice clean line.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasisash View Post
I have a cheap 10 dollar ish one from walmart... I use the kind of wedge looking one and I LOVE it!
This is what I use too. Once you "learn' how to use a wood burner....you will never go back to lighters LOL! I LOVE mine
Old 08-23-2011, 05:26

I don't know where mine came from! I got one of the girls to send it over to me. I use the slanty tip and i only ever use my lighter when i'm making 1 of something
Old 08-23-2011, 05:33

I have two one reg craftmans one that plugs in (that one was only used maybe twice)
dh bought me that one not sure why when he gave me his cordless one that runs on butane & its from snap on... I love that one

Mommy to Yasmin(10) , Daisy(4) Juan(3)
Old 08-23-2011, 05:36

I just got mine a couple of weeks ago with a 1/2 off coupon at Michaels. I think I paid about $6. I LOVE IT!! However, it can burn you faster than a dog can run away! (I have two new puppies) I have two very small burns from a session last night. It isn't at all like hot glue. These still hurt today and are really blistered. I used a quarter to go around and even the quarter got very warm. I tried the slanted tip but I changed to the pointy one and I like it much better. Mind came with four tips.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:53

I got all of mine from michaels but I think if this one breaks I will try the one from walmart...I have gone through 2 of the purple ones that michaels sells...the first one died on me all of a sudden so I went and got another one because now I can't live without it...then after a month the same kind (purple one) died on me again Well this 3rd one is the I think cheapest one at michaels, its turquoise and I don't think it gets as hot as the purple one so it is not my favorite one but it will do for now. As for the tip I love the slanted one too...it does take some getting used to but I mine!
Old 08-23-2011, 06:38

I bought mine from HL over 5 yrs ago and it still works great. I used to leave it on all day as I went about business during the day. Anytime I had a break I would heat seal ribbon. (I would not recommend anyone doing this....mine sits on glass inside of a shallow metal box. I dont do this anymore unless it is on the weekend as school has started for us.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.