Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-24-2011, 07:46

Default Re: Cutting and sealing ribbon with a woodburner

I just bought a cheap $10 one from Joann's. Like another member already mentioned though, be carefully, they leave some nasty burns.I dropped mine on my thigh this past March and have two lovely scars from it now...
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 08-25-2011, 06:43

I got mine years ago (and I'm talking more than 10 years ago) from Michael's.....it's still goin' strong!

Deanna
www.birdsongbows.etsy.com
Old 08-26-2011, 09:09

I tried the woodburner but it discolored my light colored ribbon. What am I doing wrong?
Old 08-26-2011, 09:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaint View Post
I tried the woodburner but it discolored my light colored ribbon. What am I doing wrong?
Make sure the tip is clean when cutting lighter color ribbon. if it's not take a cheap nail file and clean it with that.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:57

I use the pointed tip on mine. I'm pretty sure it's just the basic tip for it. Sometimes I don't always get the best cut from mine.. I also have what looks like an exacto-knife tip. Has anyone ever had success with it? Mine came with about 8-10 tips, and I think it was about $15-$20.. but I used a coupon, and I really like it! I vary between using that and a lighter or not. I have to decide if I want to move my kitchen table closer to the outlet, and remove the plug protectors, or not.. LOL ... sometimes I'm just plain lazy!
Old 08-26-2011, 03:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarrow0811 View Post
I got all of mine from michaels but I think if this one breaks I will try the one from walmart...I have gone through 2 of the purple ones that michaels sells...the first one died on me all of a sudden so I went and got another one because now I can't live without it...then after a month the same kind (purple one) died on me again Well this 3rd one is the I think cheapest one at michaels, its turquoise and I don't think it gets as hot as the purple one so it is not my favorite one but it will do for now. As for the tip I love the slanted one too...it does take some getting used to but I mine!
This is the one I have as well. I had to replace it too. The first one just stopped working! One day I went to turn it on, did a few things until it heated up and when I came back it was still cold! I was having a panic attack thinking about having to use a lighter.

However, I brought the first one back and told them that it just died (it was only like 4 or 5 months old) and they said that if they have one in stock then I can just replace it.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.