ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-23-2011, 12:58

Default Adult tutu dress

My etsy acct has finally taken off, yay! And today I got a request for my Snow White dress in an adult size, eek! I have never played around with adult size dresses before, for the most part I think it should be no big deal but to help avoid wordrobe malfunctions should I suggest that she wears something underneath or would you sew the strips together? That seems like it would take hours to sew them together but I just don't want her to be worrying about "peak a boob" or flashing her behind. Also, with that much tulle (it's a floor length dress) do you think the elastic top and waist will be enough support?

I've made so many tutu dresses that I'm sure I can pull this off, just want to get some ideas for the couple things worrying me about it. Thanks!

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:59

Default Re: Adult tutu dress

Oh and the dress would be in the link in my sig, the snow white one, obviously
Old 08-23-2011, 02:00

Do a corset tutu top out of solid fabric and make the skirt extremely full. I feel sorry for you. I hate adult tutus. It's a lot of work.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerandHoney View Post
Do a corset tutu top out of solid fabric and make the skirt extremely full. I feel sorry for you. I hate adult tutus. It's a lot of work.
I feel sorry for me too, lol. Do you mean like this one? http://threelittleprincesses.com/ite...-Sewn-Tutu.htm

She is wanting the empire waist and the tulle on top. Here is the direct link to the dress of mine she is wanting. http://www.etsy.com/listing/79885964...f_shop_favitem
I am sure I can figure it out, it's just a whole lot of tulle to do a trial and error run on it.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:16

holy moly thats going to be a lot of work!!! i just got a request for 2 adult tutus and im totally dreading making them hahaha

i would make it just likes she wants (same as the kiddo dress right?) and ensure she knows that she has to wear something under it.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bits&Scraps View Post
I feel sorry for me too, lol. Do you mean like this one? http://threelittleprincesses.com/ite...-Sewn-Tutu.htm

She is wanting the empire waist and the tulle on top. Here is the direct link to the dress of mine she is wanting. http://www.etsy.com/listing/79885964...f_shop_favitem
I am sure I can figure it out, it's just a whole lot of tulle to do a trial and error run on it.
That dress is soooo cute!!! Good luck
Old 08-23-2011, 12:54

I have never done adult tutus, but congrats on your store taking off!
Sponsored Links