ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-21-2011, 04:26

Default Pricing on ribbon wrapped headbands?

Hi all! I just started doing the ribbon woven headbands. I LOVE making them...Honestly, I think I'm obsessed with them at the moment! I am going to a HUGE 3 day craft show in about 3 weeks and I was going to take some with me to sell. I'm just not sure how to price them. What do you guys price them? I have both 1 inch and 1/2 inch headbands.... Thanks guys!
Stephanie
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:42

Default Re: Pricing on ribbon wrapped headbands?

$5-6 is the average I believe. $5 for 1/2" and $6 for 1"
Old 08-21-2011, 07:43

also should note assuming you meant the WOVEN headbands, not just ribbon wrapped
Old 08-21-2011, 08:42

I have a show coming up in September so i have been searching etsy for prices. i have seem many people pricing the woven headbands for $8. I am going to start mine at $8 and if I need to, I will drop them to $6. I am obsessed with them too because I love all the possible combinations. Even though I love doing them so much, it still takes alot of time to do them. So $6 doesn't seem like enough. I realize the you only get what people will pay but we need to get paid for our tie as well.

Last edited by nosillanaj; 08-21-2011 at 08:43. Reason: spelling
Old 08-21-2011, 11:17

depends on your area. in my area we charge about $7 for headbands.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megghan View Post
also should note assuming you meant the WOVEN headbands, not just ribbon wrapped

Yes, I meant woven headbands! LOL I was thinking about charging $6 each for the 1 inch bands. But when I was doing the math for them, as of right now, it takes me about 30 minutes to make one (although I am getting faster with each one I make) so if I sold 2, I'd be making $12 an hour before MY costs. But I am hoping that I can speed up my time and atleast make 3 in an hour... how long does it take you guys to make one?
Old 08-22-2011, 12:06

I charge $6 for all of them regardless of size. It actually takes me a bit longer to make the 1/2 vs the 1inch, so I just charge the same. I even charge $6 for American Girl ones too. It takes me about 15 minutes to make one.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:31

I charge $6 for mine. I always look on Etsy when I am trying to figure out prices.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:39

It all depends on your area. The boutique I sell to gets $10 for them easily. I sell them for $8 at shows, with a discount if you buy more than one. I get that easily for the 1 inch ones.

That being said, I did a flea market-y type show a few weeks ago and only sold 2. I think for that type of market, $8 was high. It comes down to knowing your audience/shopper.

Wholesale site: http://www.zibbet.com/TheCraftCorner
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg