New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-20-2011, 06:54

Default Tutu help!! I'm about to lose my mind!!!

I'm a relatively new to the tutu making addiction, but even so, I am truly addicted! I have an issue that is driving me insane and I am hoping that one (or more) of you pro's out there will give me a little advice before I end up in the looney bin!!
As a hairstylist, I'm a perfectionist when it comes to straight lines, I have to be or else I'd be out of a career!! It seems that I CANNOT, for the life of me, get the bottom 'hem' of my tutu's perfectly straight. I trim them, and they look nice and straight, even, etc. and then out of nowhere, I see a longer piece here and there and its making me crazy!!! I have attached a pic of a tutu dress I made last night and a close up of the bottom 'hem'. This is AFTER I've trimmed it, actually a few times, because of the 'strays'. I make sure its 'combed' out straight from the top, nothing bunched up underneath, but this happens EVERY time! What am I doing wrong?????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00277-20110820-1720.jpg (55.8 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00279-20110820-1720.jpg (47.4 KB, 109 views)
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 08-20-2011, 06:57

Default Re: Tutu help!! I'm about to lose my mind!!!

You have to cut them all the identical length to start with. However, it really doesn't matter once it's on at all if there are some longer pieces. Don't worry about it!
Old 08-20-2011, 07:14

I was having the exact same problems last night when I was making a tutu for someone. I "Re cut" the ends 3 different times...ugh so annoying. But I agree, it's never going to be perfect. As long as you keep your lines straight and perfect for hair styling, im sure your tutu will be okay good luck though! (it irritates the hell out of me, too lol)
Old 08-20-2011, 07:27

I make sure they are all the same length to begin with....Thanks to some very helpful tips I've found on here about how to cut tulle!! I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem!
Thanks for the encouragement!!!
Old 08-20-2011, 08:16

I think it happens to us all I go through and trim afterwards too but they never are perfect I just have to let it go eventually
Old 08-20-2011, 08:43

WHEW!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again!! I'm sitting here looking at another one I made and trying to control the urge to clip yet again! I'm gonna 'let it go'!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 07:28

One thing that I've tried that seems to help is to gather a group of them together and then cut them. You know like when you have someone with really long hair in a pony tail and you cut the tail part off to have a better starting point for the rest of their hairstyle.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:05

It will NEVER be perfectly straight! It's always going to be a little off don't worry about it.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:49

My girls have really thick hair and when I trimmed, I would always find ends sticking out. My hairdresser cousin told me to have them lean head forward when I trimmed the ends. When they look up, the ends are now in perfect alignment.

I wonder if you could try that trick somehow? You would know better than I do, of course.

Last edited by masha1999; 08-21-2011 at 04:44.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:28

This is what I do,too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessmakowski View Post
I go through and trim afterwards too but they never are perfect
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg

Tags
tutu, tutu dress