Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-19-2011, 11:06
Default Bottlecap question

I thought I would try my hand at making my own bottlecaps. I have a couple of question. I used the ET lite, and a lighter to get rid of the bubbles. Yesterday, I thought they looked great. This morning when I checked them they look a little cloudy. Is that normal? Also- Is the ET lite suppose to cover the sides of the image? I used a Xyron with permanent adhesive. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2011, 11:38
Default Re: Bottlecap question

I stopped using the light because it would make it look cloudy, I think it leaves like black smoke on it if you leave it too long. I only put the resin on the image not really on the cap because if I do I can't control it running down the side.

To get rid of bubbles I make the bottle caps, then walk away from them for about 20 minutes. When you come back most of the bubbles should have gathered in the middle of the cap, get a straw and lightly blow on each cap with it, not too hard or the resin will flow over. Sometimes there is still 1 or two bubbles that haven't come to the surface yet, I use a toothpick on those and then blow on it again to smooth it out. Sometimes I come back a second time to check for bubbles again. This has been the best method I have tried.
♥ Dana
Old 08-19-2011, 03:54

Thank you so much! I will try that.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:52

i haven't had a problem with mine being cloudy but i do know if you hold the flame on it to long it will put the black into it from it smoking, but you may just want to make sure your using the exact same amounts from each bottle and mix, mix, mix some more then when you think you have mixed enough mix more
Old 08-20-2011, 04:27

I've never had an issue with them being cloudy with the ETlite.....just do like tiny suggested....stir, stir, stir and then stir some more. I personally use a stir stick and run a lite coat over the edge of the images. I do this because my girls are HARD on their bottlecaps, and at times they have ended up submerged in water (don't ask, lol!) and this way the water doesn't ruin the cap.

Proud Army Wife and Momma to 6 wonderful Kids....

Follow me as I indulge in my crafting and pinterest addictions.....

Wholesale Felties available here, www.facebook.com/owlalwayslovefelties
Sponsored Links