Craft Show Display Ideas

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-18-2011, 07:42
Default Re: Does everyone spray starch on your korkers?

I roll them on the sticks, run them under the faucet, spray them, bake them, then spray them again. I've never had one come undone yet :-)
Sponsored Links
disney princess, mickey mouse, minnie mouse ribbon
Old 08-18-2011, 07:50

I made them forever without starch and never had a problem with them coming uncurled. Now I do starch them cause I read on here how everyone does, and Imust say that I like them starched better. I also spray them a bit more after baking. I use the Faultless Heavy Starch.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:03

If they were for infants I might be concerned about them putting the starched bows in their mouths...has something in it that has been linked to damaging reproductive organs (read something like that somewhere). I usualy just put some fabric stiffener on mine after I bake them before I take them off the dowels.
If your starch has borax (boric acid) in it :Boric acid is an acute eye and respiratory tract irritant, which is quite toxic if ingested. In addition, it is unavailable in parts of Europe because of concerns that it caused birth defects and problems with the reproductive organs of children. It is recommended that pregnant women and children in particular do not have exposure to Borax. Same thing used to kill roaches!

Last edited by aleah Porche; 08-18-2011 at 08:21.
Sponsored Links