Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-18-2011, 07:21

Default using slides

I just purchased my first set of slides and I am now at a loss on how to use them. What type of bows/styles do you all put them on? I thought this would be a no-brainer, but for me it is not.
Thanks for any help, suggestions,
Janice
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 08-18-2011, 11:54

Default Re: using slides

you really can put them on any bow : ) what ever you like to dress up obviously not a halloween one just use the 3/8 ribbon slide it on attach it as a center and viola : ) hope that helps
Marcie
Old 08-18-2011, 02:38

I just saw a picture for ribbons on flip flops with a rhinestone slider in the center. It was really pretty. I don't use any yet but I think a slider would look great on any bow center in place of a ribbon knot or ribbon wrap around center. On a wider ribbon, I would think you might have to pinch the center of the bow some but maybe not.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:35

i bought some really different ones from flintb in her previous group buy . . . and just make simple single bows . . . so the slider will be the focal point/cherry.

i've posted a pic on her current buy, which unfortunately just closed . . . but she said she's gonna do another one . . . http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/group...these-hot.html

if the slide is going the wrong way, i just double wrap = put the slider on a ribbon and wrap/glue it around center ribbon facing the way i want it.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:34

Thank you, ladies, for your suggestions. Seems like when you want a picture of something to see how to use it, you can never find one. Now I understand and it helps a lot.
Janice
Old 08-19-2011, 09:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by prleaf View Post
if the slide is going the wrong way, i just double wrap = put the slider on a ribbon and wrap/glue it around center ribbon facing the way i want it.

Bless you woman! I have some going the wrong way and was clueless as to how to make them work out! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2011, 06:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by masha1999 View Post
Bless you woman! I have some going the wrong way and was clueless as to how to make them work out! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
lol - y/welcome. i was stumped for awhile on the foe ponyo's . . . and finally had my duh moment!

glad you were able to figure out what i meant in words!

sometimes i use the sheer ribbon/blends right in/can't notice . . . and other times i use a contrasting ribbon.

Last edited by prleaf; 08-20-2011 at 06:44.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:44

I made my first bow using a slide. It seems to set up high and there doesn't seem to be much to glue the slide to the ribbon, other than the bar on the back of the slide. When I look at the top of the bow it isn't noticeable but if I look at the bow more at eye level, you can see the slide is setting up high and also see the glue I used to secure it. I don't have a camera at the moment to show you all what I am talking about.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by prleaf View Post
i bought some really different ones from flintb in her previous group buy . . . and just make simple single bows . . . so the slider will be the focal point/cherry.

i've posted a pic on her current buy, which unfortunately just closed . . . but she said she's gonna do another one . . . http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/group...these-hot.html

Huh? I am lost on that one. I think this is why I don't sell my bows, just make them for my grand daughters.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammyj View Post
Huh? I am lost on that one. I think this is why I don't sell my bows, just make them for my grand daughters.
okay . . . let's try this explanation . . . the vertical ribbon is the one you're gonna wrap around the bow/clip.

take another piece of ribbon and put your slide on it and hold it horizontal to the ribbon above.

kinda like the letter t . . . 1st ribbon is vertical . . . 2nd ribbon w/slide is horizontal. wrap the horizontal ribbon tails to the back of your vertical ribbon and glue!

all you're basically doing is rotating the slide 90 degrees.

to answer your other ? (don't know how to double quote) . . . when the slider bar is skinny/thin, i take a 3rd piece of ribbon w/double sided tape and line the back of the horizontal ribbon so the slide stays put! it's much much easier to then glue onto the bow (or vertical ribbon if you want to reorient the direction). also try using a wider piece of ribbon that goes thru the slide - that helps fill the gaps/makes the slider bar less noticeable.

sometimes i put a 3/8" slide on 5/8" foe and then i use 3/8" grosgrain (w/double sided tape) on the back to line it/keep the slide in place/foe doesn't stretch.

if you like, i can try to take a pic this week if you don't understand the above!
Sponsored Links