Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-16-2011, 02:08

Default Which satin for this flower?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/69415615...how_panel=true

i LOVE how this flower turned out. I'm assuming its the "singed" flower. I bought some satin at Joanne's and tried to do it but seems like my flowers are so light..not really sturdy. This flower seems sturdy? any thoughts on what kind of satin to buy for the singed flower? or what kind this one is? its beautiful!!

Also, are you gluing together with hot glue or fabric glue? and how many layers?

Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2011, 09:23

Default Re: Which satin for this flower?

I use polyester satin from HL, or WM....
Old 08-16-2011, 12:02

I also use the poly satin--mine look just like that---it takes about 20 or so layers for mine to be that fluffy!
Old 08-16-2011, 12:07

I use poly satin also. I have never made one that full so not sure about the layers. I used 8 layers on the one in my avatar picture. I sew mine instead of gluing. Are you using felt on the back because that will help give it some stiffness?
Old 08-16-2011, 12:20

Whoops didn't read the whole thing lol I sew all of mine, put felt on the back and use anywhere from 10-20 layers...hth
Old 08-16-2011, 12:30

I have used a heavier satin and they are still really beautiful but don't curl as much. You really have to "play around with fire" (ha, ha) to see how getting closer and further from the flame affect the petal. I would suggest to make several practice cuts and shapes to see how it behaves. The grain of the fabric will affect each petal on a circle. Most of mine are handcut circles with slashes for petals. The burning shapes the petal. I have made some with petal shapes and they burn differently.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies