Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-29-2007, 10:01

Default Clippies???

Could someone please point me in the right direction. I need to know what size snap clip to buy to be able to cover it with 3/8" ribbon. Does everyone else use 3/8" ribbon to cover their snap clips? What is the most popular size to sell? Thanks Jessica
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 10-29-2007, 11:01

Im wondering this too. I bought 2 sizes for my upcoming craft sale. The smaller is 30mm and seems like it could be covered with 3/8" ribbon. I have some larger ones also that look like they could be covered with 5/8" ribbon or wrapped with 1/4" ribbon.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:10

Go to www.ribbonretreat.com and look under free instructions. She explains how to line the clips in 1/4. The only snap clips are sell are lined like that.

For all other clippies I use alligator clips, and line like Michelle's instructions- with the 3/8".
Old 10-29-2007, 11:37
Administrator

Please check out the instruction below:

How To Make Boutique Hair Bow--4--Lining Hair Clips

I use 3/8" ribbon to line 30mm snap clips. From my experience, ribbon lined 30mm hair clips w/ or w/o applique is the most popular products.

50 mm snap clips can be wrapped using 1/4" ribbon. More time consuming. I do not make that but a lot of customers purchase plain 50mm snap clips from my store so I think they are popular too.

Michelle
Old 10-30-2007, 10:21

I sell a bunch of the 30mm snaps. I bought some 50 mm to wrap but I need to get some of the right size ribbon to try it out. My middle daughter uses these clips to keep her bangs out of her eyes. I'm trying to get her bangs grown out.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:33
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiff705 View Post
You can just cover the 30mm snap clips and then embellish the top or leave plain. These are a big seller for me! You can also wrap 40, 50 and 60mm snap clips and then attach a bow. The dirsctions can be found on www.theribbonretreat.com just to warn ya, these are a little more time consuming, but look beautiful when done!!
Sarah,

Those wrapped 40, 50 and 60mm snap clips. Are they popular on your craft shows? I might be able to import those wrapped clips.

And do you prefer just wrapped clips so you can attach your own mini bow or applique, or you prefer all premade? minibow already attached?

Thanks.

Michelle
Old 10-31-2007, 12:40
Administrator

Thanks. I'll post a poll for the color choices and then I'll order some pre wrapped 30mm snap clips.

Michelle
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg