printed bottle caps fabric tape stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-23-2008, 07:20
Default Key Fob Help

I was wondering if you need to iron the heat n bond material between the webbing and the ribbon? Isn't the stitches enough to hold it? Is the heat n bond only used so the ribbon stays in place while stitching? I am new to sewing, can you tell, ha, ha.. I would love to eliminate the ironing when making the key fobs! I don't like to iron
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2008, 09:30
Default Re: Key Fob Help

I always use wonder under, cut into strips, because it never fails when I get to the end of the keyfob, my ribbon is always crooked, plus when I go back down the other side, it gets all bunched up and doesn't lay flat.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:54

you could probly use fabritac or even elmers for tha matter and with some ribbon printing styles Id even advise it because some printed ribbon does NOT iron well at all it melts... the draw back is it takes space and time to dry...

on regular ribbon the ironing is like 123 wham its done... I can fuse to the ribbon an then fuse to the webbing in no takes me about 2 hours to fuse about 50 yds . takes me longer to sew than it takes to fuse...
I say what I want, when I want, no one pays me... Its my opinion take it or leave it
Old 05-24-2008, 07:48

I always lay a thin cloth over them to prevent them from melting, polka dot ribbon is especially bad for that, and one of the keys things to remember is to press and NOT slide the iron back and forth
Sponsored Links