New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-08-2011, 01:12

Default What bow is this?

What style of bow is this and do you know where i can find a tutorial and/or if i can use nbng templates for it? It looks like a basic bow with a tail to me but not sure how to get the tail. Or a twisted bow without the twist Thanks

http://www.etsy.com/listing/65235773...-pick-5-medium
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2011, 01:33

Default Re: What bow is this?

It looks like a twisted with no or little twist. KWIM? So, I dont know how you make your twisted, but I just leave them long on the front instead of trimming. I know that totally doesnt answer your question. If you use the figure 8, (I dont) Im not sure how you would make a tail at all. I use a template or the wrap around, spread apart (terrible at explaining) so I always have a tail in front.

I am SO not making sense. Im sorry.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:34

Geeze, okay its late I see you do use the NBNG templates. Just add an extra 2.5 inches or so after the slit part of the template. When you make the bow, you will have the tail hanging down in the front. Trim how long you want it!
Old 08-08-2011, 02:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetCheek View Post
It looks like a twisted with no or little twist. KWIM? So, I dont know how you make your twisted, but I just leave them long on the front instead of trimming. I know that totally doesnt answer your question. If you use the figure 8, (I dont) Im not sure how you would make a tail at all. I use a template or the wrap around, spread apart (terrible at explaining) so I always have a tail in front.

I am SO not making sense. Im sorry.

It made perfect sense to me! I am actually going to try it out.

I used to make this really hideous freehand no real name to it bow and they sold like crazy, but they were ugly and uneven, which I learned when I joined here. So I worked and learned to make a pretty nice even TBB, and you know what? I sell more of the leftover ugly uneven bows, (DH told me they would sell better than the TBB, I knew he was wrong so I took them knowing they wouldn't sell and I would be proved right, sigh, didn't work out that way) So I need to learn how to make a bow more like the ones in the link, so I am going to non twist my tbbs and see how that goes!
Old 08-08-2011, 05:30

I am pretty sure that is a basic boutique bow... just spread your loops out a little more ..
Old 08-08-2011, 10:19

Isn't it a regular bow with long tails?
Old 08-08-2011, 10:41

That's what my twisted bows look like right now, just can't master the twist yet, lol. So I agree, just do the twisted bow and don't spread out the loops as much.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:14

That's the thing, I'm not sure how to make a twisted bow without the twist since I'm so used of doing it ad I use the templates lol. I know how to leave a extra for the tail I just don't know how to make it so "flat". It looks kind of like a classic/basic bow but I'm no sure how to get the tail on those. Thanks for the input, anyone else?
Old 08-08-2011, 11:28

I will have to find a link for you. I know how to do the fold on the template, but not sure I can explain it. I'll try.....

Start with your ribbon end at the bottom right of the template. At an angle, pull it up to the middle left side. Pull it around the back and over the front right side, and then down an angle to the left corner. It should look like an X in front. Now pull the ribbon behind the template and along the bottom edge, pull around to the front of the right side and then angle back up to the left middle side. You should have a covered up tail (if you cut it short, you will not see it) and then you will have the tail that hangs in front. You should have an X in the front and two horizontal strips in the back.

Does this make sense?
Old 08-08-2011, 09:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmfinn View Post
I will have to find a link for you. I know how to do the fold on the template, but not sure I can explain it. I'll try.....

Start with your ribbon end at the bottom right of the template. At an angle, pull it up to the middle left side. Pull it around the back and over the front right side, and then down an angle to the left corner. It should look like an X in front. Now pull the ribbon behind the template and along the bottom edge, pull around to the front of the right side and then angle back up to the left middle side. You should have a covered up tail (if you cut it short, you will not see it) and then you will have the tail that hangs in front. You should have an X in the front and two horizontal strips in the back.

Does this make sense?
I *think* I understand. This is a sloppy first try and a picture with my phone but is it something like what youre supposed to get with that method?

Thanks so much for your help!
Sponsored Links