Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-07-2011, 01:26

Default clips

Good morning ladies! I hope this is the right place to put this, im still trying to figure out the forum but I was wondering how everyone lines there clips? Fully or partial? Do you use glue or double sided tape? And do you prefer tucked or untucked fronts? I've been crafting bows for about two years and I do them partial untucked and use hot glue and was wondering what you guys like best? I wanna open an etsy in the next few months as I've heard good things about it. Just wanted some opinions! Thank you
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 08-07-2011, 01:39

Default Re: clips

I'm glad you asked this! I've been curious about using the tape on them.. it seems easier, but I didn't know how well it would hold up.
I partially line my clips, because I feel like when they are fully lined it gets caught in hair and rip out pieces of hair. That has been my experience with them, but I'm thinking from when I would buy bows from target.. and their were fully lined. It always ripped out my daughter's hair, and I've heard other friends of mine say the same thing. Plus, I think they go in the hair easier.. like if a girl's hair is in a pony tail, and you try to put it in, I feel that the ribbon gets in the way. I also glue mine, but I'm interested to see if anyone has good experience using the tape/adhesive.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:45

I love the tape. I recently tried to take apart some lined clips to reuse the clip part for a sign. I had no trouble peeling apart the glued ones. The taped ones however were much harder to undo and felt much more tightly secured. The tape came off the ribbon before it came off the clip!

Just my 2 cents.

Wholesale site: http://www.zibbet.com/TheCraftCorner
Old 08-07-2011, 02:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by frteach View Post
I love the tape. I recently tried to take apart some lined clips to reuse the clip part for a sign. I had no trouble peeling apart the glued ones. The taped ones however were much harder to undo and felt much more tightly secured. The tape came off the ribbon before it came off the clip!

Just my 2 cents.
Thank you for your opinion! If you don't mind me asking what brand of tape? I think ide like to try it to see what I like better.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassib View Post
I'm glad you asked this! I've been curious about using the tape on them.. it seems easier, but I didn't know how well it would hold up.
I partially line my clips, because I feel like when they are fully lined it gets caught in hair and rip out pieces of hair. That has been my experience with them, but I'm thinking from when I would buy bows from target.. and their were fully lined. It always ripped out my daughter's hair, and I've heard other friends of mine say the same thing. Plus, I think they go in the hair easier.. like if a girl's hair is in a pony tail, and you try to put it in, I feel that the ribbon gets in the way. I also glue mine, but I'm interested to see if anyone has good experience using the tape/adhesive.
I'm glad I'm not the only one with these questions! I partially line then put grips on most of them. Even on the ones I wear cause I feel like they stay better that way. But I make my own grips!
Old 08-07-2011, 03:11

I use the tape I get at Kate's Craft Store. It is the DS 270 (or something like that) that is usually used in picture framing. You cannot buy it in stores. Kate's ships fast and has good prices.

Wholesale site: http://www.zibbet.com/TheCraftCorner
Old 08-07-2011, 03:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by frteach View Post
I use the tape I get at Kate's Craft Store. It is the DS 270 (or something like that) that is usually used in picture framing. You cannot buy it in stores. Kate's ships fast and has good prices.
Thank you so much!
Old 08-07-2011, 04:57

I use glue and full line my clips. I tuck my edges.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:54

Does anyone who glues notice a problem with the glue not holding? I've been doing clips for a few months and I just noticed on one of my daughter's clips that the ribbon on the bottom unadhered (I partially line). I've been using high heat glue from Joann's and thought maybe there was a higher quality brand? I haven't sold a ton of clips, but I'm horrified thinking that this may have happened to one of my customers. I don't want to use E6000 because I have little ones in the house and the fumes bother me, so I may have to try this tape.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by taraleigh View Post
Does anyone who glues notice a problem with the glue not holding? I've been doing clips for a few months and I just noticed on one of my daughter's clips that the ribbon on the bottom unadhered (I partially line). I've been using high heat glue from Joann's and thought maybe there was a higher quality brand? I haven't sold a ton of clips, but I'm horrified thinking that this may have happened to one of my customers. I don't want to use E6000 because I have little ones in the house and the fumes bother me, so I may have to try this tape.
I've never had a problem with the glue not sticking. I run the glue across the top and bottom of the "pinch" part of the clip rather than the ribbon.
Sponsored Links