Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2011, 01:26
dinomamaxx's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 93
Default clips

Good morning ladies! I hope this is the right place to put this, im still trying to figure out the forum but I was wondering how everyone lines there clips? Fully or partial? Do you use glue or double sided tape? And do you prefer tucked or untucked fronts? I've been crafting bows for about two years and I do them partial untucked and use hot glue and was wondering what you guys like best? I wanna open an etsy in the next few months as I've heard good things about it. Just wanted some opinions! Thank you
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2011, 01:39
kassib's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: dallas, tx
Posts: 42
Default Re: clips

I'm glad you asked this! I've been curious about using the tape on them.. it seems easier, but I didn't know how well it would hold up.
I partially line my clips, because I feel like when they are fully lined it gets caught in hair and rip out pieces of hair. That has been my experience with them, but I'm thinking from when I would buy bows from target.. and their were fully lined. It always ripped out my daughter's hair, and I've heard other friends of mine say the same thing. Plus, I think they go in the hair easier.. like if a girl's hair is in a pony tail, and you try to put it in, I feel that the ribbon gets in the way. I also glue mine, but I'm interested to see if anyone has good experience using the tape/adhesive.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2011, 01:45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,100
Default Re: clips

I love the tape. I recently tried to take apart some lined clips to reuse the clip part for a sign. I had no trouble peeling apart the glued ones. The taped ones however were much harder to undo and felt much more tightly secured. The tape came off the ribbon before it came off the clip!

Just my 2 cents.
__________________
Retail site: www.zibbet.com/RedThreadBows

Wholesale site: http://www.zibbet.com/TheCraftCorner
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2011, 02:01
dinomamaxx's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 93
Default Re: clips

Quote:
Originally Posted by frteach View Post
I love the tape. I recently tried to take apart some lined clips to reuse the clip part for a sign. I had no trouble peeling apart the glued ones. The taped ones however were much harder to undo and felt much more tightly secured. The tape came off the ribbon before it came off the clip!

Just my 2 cents.
Thank you for your opinion! If you don't mind me asking what brand of tape? I think ide like to try it to see what I like better.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2011, 02:03
dinomamaxx's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 93
Default Re: clips

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassib View Post
I'm glad you asked this! I've been curious about using the tape on them.. it seems easier, but I didn't know how well it would hold up.
I partially line my clips, because I feel like when they are fully lined it gets caught in hair and rip out pieces of hair. That has been my experience with them, but I'm thinking from when I would buy bows from target.. and their were fully lined. It always ripped out my daughter's hair, and I've heard other friends of mine say the same thing. Plus, I think they go in the hair easier.. like if a girl's hair is in a pony tail, and you try to put it in, I feel that the ribbon gets in the way. I also glue mine, but I'm interested to see if anyone has good experience using the tape/adhesive.
I'm glad I'm not the only one with these questions! I partially line then put grips on most of them. Even on the ones I wear cause I feel like they stay better that way. But I make my own grips!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2011, 03:11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,100
Default Re: clips

I use the tape I get at Kate's Craft Store. It is the DS 270 (or something like that) that is usually used in picture framing. You cannot buy it in stores. Kate's ships fast and has good prices.
__________________
Retail site: www.zibbet.com/RedThreadBows

Wholesale site: http://www.zibbet.com/TheCraftCorner
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2011, 03:46
dinomamaxx's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 93
Default Re: clips

Quote:
Originally Posted by frteach View Post
I use the tape I get at Kate's Craft Store. It is the DS 270 (or something like that) that is usually used in picture framing. You cannot buy it in stores. Kate's ships fast and has good prices.
Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2011, 04:57
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,014
Default Re: clips

I use glue and full line my clips. I tuck my edges.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2011, 05:54
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: PNW
Posts: 102
Default Re: clips

Does anyone who glues notice a problem with the glue not holding? I've been doing clips for a few months and I just noticed on one of my daughter's clips that the ribbon on the bottom unadhered (I partially line). I've been using high heat glue from Joann's and thought maybe there was a higher quality brand? I haven't sold a ton of clips, but I'm horrified thinking that this may have happened to one of my customers. I don't want to use E6000 because I have little ones in the house and the fumes bother me, so I may have to try this tape.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2011, 09:57
dinomamaxx's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 93
Default Re: clips

Quote:
Originally Posted by taraleigh View Post
Does anyone who glues notice a problem with the glue not holding? I've been doing clips for a few months and I just noticed on one of my daughter's clips that the ribbon on the bottom unadhered (I partially line). I've been using high heat glue from Joann's and thought maybe there was a higher quality brand? I haven't sold a ton of clips, but I'm horrified thinking that this may have happened to one of my customers. I don't want to use E6000 because I have little ones in the house and the fumes bother me, so I may have to try this tape.
I've never had a problem with the glue not sticking. I run the glue across the top and bottom of the "pinch" part of the clip rather than the ribbon.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger