http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-07-2011, 01:15

Default getting creative with cheer bows

I'm so excited for this! A friend of mine has asked me if I would be interested in making some custom cheer bows for her daughter's cheerleading team, and of course I said yes!
I'm waiting for her to get back to me on what they are looking for exactly, but she did mention custom and creative.. I think they are 7 & 8 year olds, and she said they would need 40 of them.
So, this got me thinking about how to take a standard cheer bow and dress it up... korkers, ric rac, appliques, bling, etc...?
What's fun for dressing them up? I tried googling some, but I really only saw a few that differed from the typical ones. Most of those were for older girls or competitions... Anyway.. just a fun thought, and maybe some ideas to share!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2011, 04:55

Default Re: getting creative with cheer bows

I made some and put korkers in the center. Let me see if I can find a pic.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:56

That's awesome! I would loove that opportunity! Good for you!
Old 08-07-2011, 05:08

Ok not a great picture. I blocked out the name and the face cuz that is not my child. Anyway, Its a black polka dot "tails down" bow with a korker center. I made these for a gymnastic team so they are on ponytail holders which is what you will need for cheerleading.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 46-Heaven1.jpg (65.8 KB, 127 views)
Old 08-07-2011, 05:15

I've never MADE cheer bows, but wore many of them when I was a cheerleader (from the time I was 3 till my high school cheer days when I graduated in 09) and I know that while bows are ALLOWED to be on french or alligator clips, my coach preferred pony tail holders because in competition or at camp, you got points off for things coming off (such as bows) during your performance. It was a PITA to be doing your back handspring twisting layout and feel something come out of your hair and try to keep concentration..
Old 08-07-2011, 09:15

Whatever you use, make sure it is all on there tightly and that they are easy to put on. As a cheermom for multiple years, I can tell you that the former cheerleader is absolutely correct. It's a big problem when things come flying off during performances AND a safey issue!

Good luck!
Old 08-08-2011, 11:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzuniquebowtique View Post
I've never MADE cheer bows, but wore many of them when I was a cheerleader (from the time I was 3 till my high school cheer days when I graduated in 09) and I know that while bows are ALLOWED to be on french or alligator clips, my coach preferred pony tail holders because in competition or at camp, you got points off for things coming off (such as bows) during your performance. It was a PITA to be doing your back handspring twisting layout and feel something come out of your hair and try to keep concentration..
If they will be used at all for any type of competition they are NOT allowed to be on any type of metal clip, the ponytail holder cannot have metal on it either. Most cheer bows are made metal free specifically for this reason. I would stick to a metal free ponytail holder just to be safe.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:35

Don't by their supplies until they pay i like the shimmery fabrics fused to the grosgrain

My daughters r in gymnastics now but if they ever get into cheering I'm going to bling the crap out of cheer bows 4 them!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg